Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 14, 2006, 4:44 PM   #1

I've been scanning the interent and my local retailers for knowledge of every camera that is out there in my price range, and little did I know that there were so many. This has turned from an afternoon quest into a three day crusade.

I've been looking for a digital camera that meets the following criteria:

-under $250
-at least 5MP
-I'd like something that is pocketable or easy to carry around (NB: i'm a guy; i dont carry a purse)
-big LCD screen (around 2")
-great picture quality
-prefferably uses SD card

I was looking at the Canon A610, but it seems really bulky with those 4 AA batteries. Another one I looked at was the Kodak V530, but I read that you can only transfer images through the dock and the picture quality isn't that great. I love the shape though; that compact, square form like a pack of cigarettes. But don't most compact cameras like that have sub-par image quality because of their size? Any rec's would be great. Thanks!
sdogg45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2006, 5:14 PM   #2

sdogg-

My suggestion is that you take a look at the Casio Z-120. It sells for less than $250, it has 7.2mp, it is ultra small, it uses the very same imager as the much heralded Canon A-620 and takes great photos. I have attached both a sample photo and a photo of the Casio Z-120 camera itself.

MT

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 6:04 PM   #3

I read about that camera and it seems really cool. But is there anything that might be similar but a little less expensive? I found the Z120 for around $230 and would like to keep looking for something under $200, if possible. What about the Casio Z110? Isn't it the same camera but just 6MP? Thanks!
sdogg45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 7:49 PM   #4

sdogg-

Ihave done a very extensive search of all sources. The best I can find for you is the Kodak Z760. It is a full 6mp and it is a bit larger, but below$200.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote