Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 17, 2006, 1:37 PM   #1

im stuck between these two cameras; i can get them for the same price (around $220). the fallbacks ive noticed with these is that the nikon shoots movies in quicktime and i heard that casio cameras arent as great of quality such as actual camera manufacturers (nikon, canon, fuji, etc.). i need help! :angry: :?
sdogg45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 17, 2006, 3:06 PM   #2

sdogg-

At least from my point of view, unfortunately you have it backward. The Casio Z-120 shoots great photos and MPEG-4 movies which take up MUCH LESS memory card/chip space, and seemingly, that would be very much to your advantage.

I own a Casio Z-120 and really like the camera a lot. However, at the end of the day the choice is entirely up to you. I have attached a Z-120 photo sample.

MT
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2006, 3:40 PM   #3

haha, i KNEW you would say that, mtclimber. thanks for all of your help, i think im gonna spring for the z-120.
sdogg45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2006, 3:34 PM   #4

Well, in order you have a P2 pic too I post one of mine, I thought it will be good, it's taken at night, i didn't used tripod or anything alike and there is no noise. Movie quality is good anyway it isn't a videocamera, perhaps you will use it anytime, some minutes, no more... :blah:
Attached Images

Gassir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2006, 3:55 PM   #5

gassir-

Thanks for posting your photo. It is very nice. However, the bulk of this thread has been devoted to the storage of video clips. Because the Casio Z-120 stores MPEG-4 movie clipswhich take up much less space on the camera's flash memory card/chip, it is a good deal different than the Nikon P-2's movie clip storage which is in the Quick Time format which uses 200 to 300% more space than the MPEG-4 format.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2006, 4:49 PM   #6

jeje, OK, there is no problem, Nikon doesn't pay me for new costumers. It depends on each one and how the camera will be used. But perhaps video mode is not so important, macro or noise level, etc. Anyway your pic is very nice.
Gassir is offline   Reply With Quote