Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 21, 2006, 5:44 AM   #1

Hi,

I previously owned a Pentax Optio S6 (ie. before it fell into the harbour along with other valuables ) and was pretty happy with it. But since I'm shopping for a new one I thought I would check out what's on the market.

Came across the Casio EX-S600 and just wanted to find out if anyone has heard anything (good or bad) about this camera. Also if you have any opinions on which camera you think would be better.

Mainly attracted to the Casio because of it's size and shutter speed. Pentax is a bit slow and that was the main reason why I'm leaning towards the Casio also because the Casio is newer on themarket. I've also heard that the Casio has no manual options?? Not sure what this means...

Any feedback would be great! :-)

Cheers,

B
bernie_mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:42 PM   #2

the casio s600 is a great little camera. all of the people that I have seen that have this camera are amazed at the pictures and videos it produces. heres just a summary of the cons:
-limited controls (can't actually set the shutter speed, white balance, etc).
-no optical viewfinder
-buttons are pretty small
-photos can be a little soft

If you are looking for just a point and shoot camera and do not adjust settings on the camera, then the s600 is a great pick. if you are looking for a camera that allows you to change the settings, try the z750/850.
cantbeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:46 PM   #3

It is just a personal opinion only, but at around $230, the Casio Z-120 is a lot less expensive than the Z-750/850. And it uses twoAA batteries that some folks like.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 2:56 AM   #4

Thanks guys

Haven't heard much reviews about the Pentax Optio S6 in comparison to other camerasalthough I get the impression that a lot of people favour Casio over Pentax...
bernie_mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 5:34 AM   #5

Well - I favour neither.

I think Pentax Optio cameras are not good at all.

Casio cameras have only average image quality - but I think the newer models to be released this year might change that.

I would recommend a Canon camera instead - you will not be disappointed.

I just bought a Canon Powershot A610 and I am very happy with the image quality and its other manual options.

ELDDJOC is offline   Reply With Quote