Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 25, 2006, 9:11 PM   #31

dequardo-

Could you please give me 5 specific reasons why I should wait for the S-3. You of course know, that you have already been incorrect, not once but twice.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:03 PM   #32

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
dequardo-

Could you please give me 5 specific reasons why I should wait for the S-3. You of course know, that you have already been incorrect, not once but twice.

MT
Sure though it requires me to stoop to your level.

Hmmm. Ignorance plus arrogance. An interesting combination. OK, Ms. full of yourself;

1) Black. Gun Metal gray for you before youcorrect that also.

2) Larger LCD

3) 6MP

4) New sensor

5) Higher ISO available

6) Additional shooting modes

7) Widescreen mode

That's seven since you are keeping score.

Now, care to explain how you dare challenge what I said was an OPINION?? I SAID, if it were ME, I'd wait. And I would. And the OP certainly should also. FURTHER, you state an opinion as FACT. "Will not offer $100+ of improvement". Really? Do tell from your extensive review. I must have missed it.

Good riddance.

dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:27 PM   #33

mtclimber has a LOT more posts, and has more knowledge on this level.

dequardo.. You have been very rude on a few posts (thus the reason I am saying something). and you have also been wrong and led people down the wrong path a few times. Firstly.. this poster didn't ask about the S3.. he/she asked about the S2. Secondly.. for you to pop in an announce a camera that is still a few months off will be out 'tomorrow', you're bound to raise question on your knowledge.

---------------------------

As for the S3 compared to the S2... Yes there are some changes, but you can also take into consideration of this...

The S2 has been out for a year... Any complaints and / or praise of this camera has beenwell aknowledged.

In the same regards... The S3 has NO users yet, and is simply unknown. It often takesa manufacuter a few weeks/ monthsor so after production to weed out any problems. I'm not saying there will be fore sure, but it's still unknown.

In regards to price. The S2 gets cheaper and cheaper as the new model comes closer (as we've all seen). If someone was to want to spend an extra 150$+ on a camera that is very similar.. and want to wait another 2-3 months, then that is their choice, yes.

Now enough of the rude / attacking posts.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:33 PM   #34

'Rude' as in when you stated several times that the sensor in the S3 was NOT new and I finally corrected you?
Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:37 PM   #35

The sensor is not new.. It's the same 1/1.5"

There is a difference in mp only.. a jump from 5 to 6.. not really much in terms of technology.

The S1 was 1/2.7".. the S2 is 1/1.5".. the S3 will be 1/1.5" aswell.

Stating facts is not rude. Lying, calling people names, and taking 'shots' is.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:38 PM   #36

Didn't want to edit my last post.. so I'll state RIGHT of the specs.

Effective Resolution: 6.0 mp

Sesor Size: 1/1.5"

Sensor the same, resolution upped.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 12:25 AM   #37

vwmom-

I know what you are saying. The S-3 is just not worth $150 more than the S-2, at least to me. We all have different needs.

MT
Old Mar 26, 2006, 9:28 AM   #38

Nice try. Still wrong. May want to get FACTS straight when you quote them. Sensor size. Tell me, who looks more foolish now?
Old Mar 26, 2006, 9:33 AM   #39

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
vwmom-

Let the scum go. He does not amount to anything. We cannot beat that type. So just forget it.

MT

Nice description there. Now please tell me who is being rude? Please don't confuse witticism and facts with rudeness. If you can't stand the heat pleasedon't challenge me. Youchallenged me with questions which I met and then some. You lost. Accept it and move on. Knowledge of members here isn't always measured in postcounts. You prove that. Also wise counsel to VWMOM. We all know you love your S2. Great. The fact you post about that several times per day makes me wonder whether you doth protest too much.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:01 AM   #40

dequardo-

You are correct that I was rude, and for that I will offer my personal apologies to you. Have a good day. But I am still not sure that the S-3 is worth $150+ extra to get those features.

MT