Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:11 PM   #1

hello everyone , well iam ready to buy my new digital camera, and i would like some opinios, i usually take indoor pictures (restaurants/clubs) using flash. i used to have a olympus c3000 and never had a problem with indoors pictures, great picture everytime, then i bought a kodak easyshare 550 and nothing but problems in low light situations pictures came out too dark, i had to take the same picture 3 or 4 times.

so now iam looking for a new camera, i looked all the reviews on different cameras but its kind of confusing, i was looking at the fuji F10 according to the reviews is a great camera for indoors for the high ISO, but what about taking pictures using the flash only??? is this a good camera?? i really looking for acamera where i can set it up to AUTO and be able to take nice indoor pictures in small rooms.

thanks in advance.
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2006, 4:06 PM   #2

The Kodak V-550 camera is a small camera with an equally small flash. The maximum flash distance for the V-550 is 6 to 8 feet. Beyond that the photos become quite dark. So rather thanbuying another camera, you can use the V-550 with a slave flash

A slave flash has a photo cell that "sees" your V-550's flash and goes off right with your camera's flash. You mount the slave flash on an inexpensive accessory flash bracket and now with two flashes you effective flash distance now becomes around 20 feet. The slave flash illustrated is the Sunpak DS-20 which costs around $30.

MT
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 8:37 PM   #3

thanks for your input mtclimber that is a neat idea, what is your opinion on the F10? i usually take the pictures between 5-10 feet, i think the maximun on the F10 is 13 ft.
Old Mar 22, 2006, 8:37 PM   #4

Old Mar 22, 2006, 11:20 PM   #5

If you increace the ISO on the F10, you get even more flash range than that. I have taken a photo at ISO 1600 in pitch black, and it was decently exposed 30ft away.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 12:19 AM   #6

Aztec-

I own a Fuji F-10 and it has been a wonderful camera. Carskick is correct the flash range can be effectively increased substantially. Here's one of my better F-10 photos.

MT

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 4:53 AM   #7

thank you once again for your help both of you.

that is a beautiful picture mtclimber, i will really look into the F10.

i really appreciated.