Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 23, 2006, 1:23 PM   #1

The Panasonic FX01 and the TZ1 were announced together and have been pictured side by side on websites.

I think the FX01 just became available. But not the TZ1. How come?

Is there a problem with it? I see on Amazon they do not expect to have it until May 1. I hope that is not the real date now. I will go look at the FX01 in the meantime.

You know, as quickly as one generation of cameras follows the previous these days, if a manufacturer delays by more than a couple of months, the darned thing is obsolete. If one waits for the hands on reviews and posted photos, the little window of owning a state-of-the-art camera is lost.

I guess that is a good thing. Some of you folks whose postings I read on here, plz tell me your secret for being able to own about 50 of the newest cameras. Is it "old" money, or "second story work"??
arrowspace90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2006, 1:30 PM   #2

arrowspace-

I am a digital camera instructor usually teaching four to five different digiatl camera courses for our state university and our local Community College. Because I have to help students with many different cameras on a hands-on basis I surely can justify the cameras that I own. Also keep in mind that in the first several months that a camera is available, it is going to be fetching a near MSRP price. I usually purchase six months or more after the introduction to get a better price.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 6:48 PM   #3

Im only jealous...not serious.

If there were not knowledgable persons here with lots of cameras, the rest of us could not hope to learn much.

I guess no one knows when the TZ1 is going to be available. I have to take arial shots often so zoom and small size are a great combination. And this is supposedly the smallest big zoom. Anyone know what "arial" mode corrects for?

While I am on here, does anyone know if, or why not, Panasonic makes a wireless, remote shutter release? My first generation Olyumpus came with one, and my 3 year old Pentax sold them as an accessory. The remote is much more convienent than a timer, though I guess I can use that for those occasions when I am hiking alone and want to pose in the shot.
arrowspace90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 4:37 PM   #4

OK, Arrowspace-

I have found the Panasonic TZ-1 for sale for you. This is on Crutchfield's site. They are very reliable and very trustworthy.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7wU1ytl...T&g=269250

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote