Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:42 AM   #1

Hello, I have a lot of bird and squirrel feeders in my yard which draw in a lot of neat birds. Last year I got the joy of the mother birds bringing her babies to the feeder and her feeding them seed. Of course there is no way for me to get close enough to get a good picture of this. Can someone recommend a good digital camera and camcorder I can get to take pictures and/or film this using a motion sensor? I am not sure yet if I want to buy a digital camera or camcorder. I would love to buy a camcorder and use it to take pictures to but have read they don't take very large formatted digital pictures. I wanted to make the bird pictures into posters and cards for my business. Kid in college and looking for a way to make some extra money for those bills lol lol ….

Thank you very much in advance for any advice you can give me

Kimberly
KimberH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:52 PM   #2

Hi Kimberly,

Here is a link to Cabelas Trail cam selection. I use the Leaf River model but the pic quality may not be what you are looking for. I use it for tracking deer movement.

The price range is about $200 to $900. With many different options.

http://www.cabelas.com/

In the search box type in "trail camera" and you will have several pages to choose from.

Here is a pic of a young spike for you to see that the quality is not so good. Most of the pic's I have are at night and are much worse. I fastened the camera to a tree and left it thee for about 45 days. I had about 10 pic's that I saved.

"Almost forgot.....I paid a little less than $240 for this model on sale.

Good luck with the birds.

Louie
BamaLouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 5:10 PM   #3

Hello, I got doing some search on other web pages for trail camera and found something I think I like better

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...Id=10564889640

class=pagetextThe Meade 8x42 CaptureView Generation II binocular/digital camera allows you to capture close-up images as viewed through the binocular with a 2.0 megapixel CMOS sensor, 32MB of memory and a 1.5-in color LCD screen for previewing your pictures. You can transfer photos to your PC with a USB connection. It comes with a USB cable, a CD-ROM with image editting software, instructions, a neck strap, a cleaning cloth, and a carry case.

I would think this would be nicer because you can take it with you when you are out.

Ever tried anythink like this?

Kimberly
KimberH is offline   Reply With Quote