Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 26, 2006, 9:10 PM   #1

I need some help deciding what digital camera to make my first digital camera. I dont want to break the bank but I want something easy to use yet with room to grow. Does that make sense?:?I am a complete idiot when it comes to this but I am smart enough to know where to get advice. I have scanned some of the posts here and it seems to be a very friendly and informative forum.

I am strongly considering the Kodak Easy Share Z740 because of the price and some reviews I have found for this camera. Do any of you have any experience with this camera or know anyone who has any experience with it? I am not set on just this particular model either. My max for this is probably $250-$270. What other things should I look at being a newbie?

Thank you all.
htgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:11 AM   #2

The Kodak Z-7590 is currently on sale at www.costco.com for $239.99 you may want to consider it. I own both the Z740 and the Z-7590. I tend to us the Z-7590 a lot more. Both are very capable cameras. I prefer the german made Schneider lens on the Z-7590.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:13 AM   #3

I have had the Sony P10, KODAK DX3215, KODAKDX6340, KODAK P850, Panasonic FZ30, Sony H1, CANON S2IS, and used the NIKON 8700 for a few weeks. I like my KODAK DX/Z 7590 by far the most.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:52 PM   #4

Just went to costco.com and don't see the Z7590 advertised. See the Z740 for $249 but no sign of the Z7590.
brucesprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:25 PM   #5

I had a friend who received his Z7590 from costco just 10 days ago. Well, like all sales they only last so long. You will notice that they do have the New Kodak Z760 for $319.99 and that is a 6mp camera with 10X optical zoom.

MT
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:41 PM   #6

7590 huh? I am not familiar with that model but I was not familiar with any models until I did a search a couple of days ago. I am definitely going to do a search for this model and see what I can find out. It is right in my price range as well. Thank you guys, this is a really informative site.

Another question, I have an HP All-in-One printer that is compatible with the memory cards and the Pictbridge cameras so I wont need the photo dock from Kodak correct? Will the photos be the same quality using either?

Thanks again. I have some research to do now.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:38 PM   #7

I would advise against printing directly from the SD chip/card. You do not need the docking station, but I you can send the data from the printer back to the computer, you can use a bit of photo editing software which will greatly enhance your photos.

If the printer cannot send the photo data back to the computer, just use an inexpensive chip or card reader.

MT
Old Mar 28, 2006, 6:44 AM   #8

Thank you mtclimber. As I stated I am new to the digital world. I am sure that questions as simple as mine get old and I appreciate you taking the time to explain. Thanks.