Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:34 PM   #1

Does anyone have any input for me on the Canon sd500? I friend of mine has one and it seems fairly impressive. One feature that I like is the "my colors" feature that allows you to leave a selected color in a B&W photo. Do other comparable cameras have this feature? Also, can you tell mehow does the 7megapixel compare with in a DSLR with larger sensor size? What does it equal to in a DSLR when it comes to megapixels?
jiaozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:39 PM   #2

The SD-500 is an impressive fully automatic point and shot camera. The "my colors" feature is exclusive to Canon. The photos are impressive but they do not measure up to the photo quality capability of any of the consumer DSLR cameras, nor do they offer the photo flexibility of interchangeable lenses.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 9:58 PM   #3

Thanks, Mtn.Climber, for your input. So, even though the Canon sd500 doesn't measure up to a DSLR in picture quality or flexibilty, how do you think it compares to other cameras of its kind? Short if a DSLR, how would you rank tihs one?
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:10 AM   #4

All professional reviews of the Canon SD-500, generally point out its excellent photo quality for a virtually fully automatic point and shoot digital camera.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 5:49 PM   #5

Hi mtclimber...

How would you compare the Canon SD550(or SD 500) with something like the DMC-FZ30? I know they are two very different cameras, but besides the zoon range and megapixels, how would you compare the photo quality ofthese two? I had been thinking about the FZ30, but lately have been considering asmaller camera and began looking at theCanon (I like the "my colors" feature), but I am wondering what kinds of things I am giving up by going with this smaller camera.