Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 4, 2006, 9:07 AM   #1

Hello Everyone!

I want to buy a digital camera, but I cannot decide which one to buy!It is because I'm a beginner in this field, so I need your help! My tip is a Canon a610 vs. Fuji S5200. Which ont to buy? I need the camre to make landscape(nature) photos,portrait, etc..

Please give me some advice!

Thank You!

barniK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:40 AM   #2

There is a radical difference in the capabilities of the Canon A-610 and the Fuji S-5200/S-5600. Neith of those cameras have a wide angle lens which is most often used for landscapes. The Canon A-610 has only 4X optical zoom while the Fuji has 10X optical zoom and a low light level shooting capability. Can you share with us why you chose these two cameras?

You might want to take a look at the Nikon 5400 selling for about $250 that does have a very nice wide angle capability and would also be ideal for portraits.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:10 AM   #3

Hy!

Thank's for the suggestion. Answering to your question: I decided to buy or the Canon or the Fuji, because some friends of my said that I should buy Fuji and the other group of friends suggested to buy Canon. I canot decide! There is no Nicon 5400 in stock (in the shop)from where I want to buy.

Offer some other cameras or suggestion.

Thank you
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:10 AM   #4

I think you need to be a bit more specific about your requirements not only in terms of theshots you want to take but also size and budget.

The Canon is a (sort of)compact camera while the Fuji is a "superzoom" so you need to think aboutwhat you want to carry around with you.

Do you have to buy a camera from the one shop? There are plenty of online retailers if the choice locally is a bit limited, although admittedly you won't be able to pick the camera up and "play" with it beforehand.

Are you a noviceas far as photography is concerned? Do you want to learn about photography as a serious hobby or just take snapshots?

All these are questions you should ask yourself before narrowing the field in terms of potential cameras.

ron519098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:15 AM   #5

Thank you, Ron-

That is exactly where I was going to move to next. We need a bit more information.

MT
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:48 AM   #6

Hy!

So, I must give some addicional description about, how will I use the camera. As I wrote before, I will use to make photos in nature, I NEED TO MAKEQUALITY PICTURES! which camera makes better pictures? sharp pictures? I's a simple question: which camera is better?

Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2006, 5:35 PM   #7

barnik-

It is only my personal opinion. I think the Canon A-610 is capable of a better image under normal daylight conditions.

MT