Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:06 PM   #1

I have tw0 older 35mm maxxums and lenses to go with them. They are the autofocus type used in the 7000 and my 9000. Am I correct in thinking these lenses will work with the Konica/Minolta 5D and 7D?
I also understand that Sony is making DSLR to use the lenses. What models to they have and again can i use my af lenses that are for my 7000 and 9000?
gmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:16 PM   #2

Yes, all Minolta AF lenses work well with the KM 5D/7D. However, there are some compatible lenses from Sigma, which don't work with the KM 5D/7D. Some of these lenses can be made compatible with an upgrade of the chip inside the lense.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:22 PM   #3

I have the original Minilta lenses 28MM. 50MM and 100 to 200 MM. I like the look of the 5D but dont want to get it here only to find out I do not have any lenses to work with it.
gmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 1:32 PM   #4

These are great lenses and they certainly work well, but you have to keep in mind the crop factor. The effective focal length of a lense on the KM 5D/7D is 1.5 times the original focal length. Thus your 28mm lense becomes a 42 mm lense. You find excellent information about old lenses and the KM 5D/7D at www.dyxum.com . I can warmly recommend the KM 5D/7D. With the builtin image stabiliser virtually all old lenses become image stabilised. You can make unblurred pictures with a 400mm lense (effective focal length = 600mm) without a tripod. With your 50mm lense you can even make night shots without tripod. No other DSLR can do that.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote