Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 7, 2006, 4:19 PM   #1

I had a Canon A60 which got misplaced. Need to move up and am considering Kodak z650 and Canon s2 1s. I have to use the camera on upcoming cruises to Alaska and then Hawaii. Any advice.
CruisinBajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2006, 8:00 PM   #2

KODAK Z7590
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:40 PM   #3

The Canon S-2 IS would be especially well adapted to your upcoming Alaska and Hawaii cruises, where you will need the long reach that the Canon S-2 IS can uniquely give you.

Because your cruise ship will not come especially close to the glaciers or the unique Alaskan wildlife, you will really appreciate the 12X optical zooom that the Canon S-2 IS can give you. In Hawaii, you will appreciate that same zoom to reach out to the many vistas that will be presented to you, from the Aloha Tower in Honolulu, to the volcanoes in the southern Hawaiian Islands.

When will you be cruising in Hawaii? Perhaps we will meet. We will be sailing for NCL and Princess in the months of September, October, and November 2006, teaching Digital Cameras.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2006, 8:39 PM   #4

MT

Thanks for the info. We will be on the Tahitian Princess in July from Tahiti to Honolulu... 12 days. We are celebrating our 15th Anniversary. Will be spending 2 post cruise days in Oahu getting to see the sites in a rental car.

We went to a camera store today checking out both cameras. So far my wife agrees with you that I should get the Canon.

RW
CruisinBajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2006, 9:18 PM   #5

Crusin-

The Tahitian Princess is a great ship, you will enjoy it a lot. The S-2 is a good choice as the Professional Reviews and the User Comments indicate. You cannot go wrong with the choice of the Canon S-2 IS

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote