Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 14, 2006, 11:40 AM   #1

I understand after reading a few of these statements that the F 10 can use higher speeds ( 800 $ 1600 ) the quwstion is does the camera use these in auto mode to compisate for low light or must these be set manually ??
njdag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2006, 1:50 PM   #2

Jim-

The Fuji F-10 is essentially an automatic camera. The mode selector is somewhat confusing. It shows "Auto and M for manual", but the only difference between the two settings is that when using Manual, all you are selecting is basically the ISO speed.

The camera is very easy to use and does have the advantage of being able to cope very sucessfully with low light level shooting situations, where flash does not have to be utilized. The attached photo was taken WITHOUT flash using just room lighting.

MT
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 2:26 PM   #3

MT

I am leaning toward the F 10 the Pic is great one of my biggest concerns since I would probaly use this type camera for mostly indoor party stuff . BUT I am also 58 yrs old and farsighted so looking at a screen evan 2.5 " can be a problem. Is there anything out thee that could be best of all worlds, good flash indoor, optical viewfinder, good refresh speed ultra compact. was looking at the kodak 550 / 603
Old Apr 14, 2006, 3:21 PM   #4

Jim-

[align=left]The Kodak V-550 is nice because it has an optical viewfinder. I own one. However the maximum ISO setting is 400. That means that you will need 4 time more light to take an existing light photo with the V-550.[/align]
[align=left]Here is a photo taken in the Smithsonian Air and SpaceMuseum with the V-550. But keep in mind that these photos were taken during daylight hours when Ihad lot of window light and I braced myself against walls, rails and the like.[/align]
[align=left]MT[/align]
Attached Images

Old Apr 14, 2006, 3:25 PM   #5

do you know anything about the v 603 ?
Old Apr 14, 2006, 4:35 PM   #6

Jim-

I have not yet seen any reviews myself on the V-603 yet.

MT