Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:09 AM   #1

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and Im looking for some help,You see i already have the NIKON CP P2,I think it takes good photos but i find that its a bit too bulky,So i am thinking about buying the new SONY DSC-W50.

Does anyone have any experience of the SONY,I don't want to sacrifice picture quality over bulkiness.

Thanks in advance.:-)
tofog68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2006, 10:10 AM   #2

tofog-

As a Digital Photography Instructor I own a lot of cameras, but neither the Nikon P-2 nor the Sony W-50. Please keep in mind that the W-50 is a mostly totally automatic point and shoot model. While it does have higher ISO settings (above ISO 400) picture quality at those higher ISO settings seem to fall measurably. Here is a review of the W-50:

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/so...ew/index.shtml

I hope that helps.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 6:57 PM   #3

I have a W50 and i love it!

Check out under the Sony forums, look for W50 in Cuba
this is my thread and here you can see a few examples of what the W50 is capable of doing!

bpcrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 2:37 PM   #4

bpcrally,

I had a look at your photos from Cuba and I was that impressed I went and bought the SONY DSC-W50,And I am very pleased with the results so far, I wasn't at first but now thati've played with the settings I think it takes better photos than the NIKON P2.

Another thing that i'm impressed with is how much more expensive it looks,I paid £168.00 for it but when I tell people how much it cost they are shocked and say it looks like a much more expensive camera.

Have you used the Macro yet?I have and I am very pleased with it,photos are very sharp.

This is a camera that I'm going to enjoy taking photo's with and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone:-)

tofog68.
tofog68 is offline   Reply With Quote