Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:40 PM   #21

Magikhat wrote:
Quote:
Yes I was looking to buy mine from Buydig also

They also have some +1 +2 +4 filters for 49.99
i dont know if they are any good

How was the shipping from buydig? do they ship from newJersey?
I live in PA so if they do, that would be a quick delivery

are you satisfied with buydig?

My parents and my fiance say I am crazy for spending this much money
on a camera.. but this camera just feel right I think its worth it
Quote:
Thanks- Daniel
Shipping was Fedex Ground, but since you are in PA that will be fast from Jersey. Once it left their warehouse it was there the next day. The only trouble with them is during the Passover holidays when they close up shop for religous purposes.

Beach's prices on accessories and filters are OK I guess. They might be a little high but you aren't talking huge differences.

Check this place for prices on filters http://camerafilters.com/

I bought from Beach, but really the same place. I bought theblack model at the time for 494.00. The silver is usually cheaper. Originally, I waited too long when I was thinking about purchasing. The black and silver were running around 484 to 499 at one time and then the black went up to 549. At the time they were selling the silver for 50 dollars less, but I wanted black, so I waited and it came down to 494. As you probably know right now the silver is 485 and black 499.Not a big difference in price, but if you don't care about the black485 is good price for the FZ30.

Don't worry about the the fiance and parents when it comes to something you plan to enjoy, especially if they don't have a clue about the hobby. Of course that's easy for me to say, since I don't have to deal with them. It's a question of who you need orwant to make happy. When I was originally researching cameras I was going to by a top of the line compact for just under 400, the FZ30 isn't that much more than a full featured compact. There are cheaper compacts and ultrazooms out there, but we're not talking about difference's that will break anyone's bank unless money isreal tight as sometimes that may be.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:45 PM   #22

Thank you, you made me feel better

Maybe just all this wedding stuff has got me stressed and a little wired!

my wedding is next saturday

Anyways... the black and silver are the same camera
just diff colors.. i think the silver looks really nice

i dont understand why it would be cheaper if its the same thing

=\

Thanks- Daniel
Magikhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:59 PM   #23

Magikhat wrote:
Quote:
Anyways... the black and silver are the same camera
just diff colors.. i think the silver looks really nice

i dont understand why it would be cheaper if its the same thing

=

Thanks- Daniel
I believe the black sells more... not just true of the FZ30. So I beleive retailers and sometimes the manufacturerersdo this to even outinventory when they have too many of a particular color. It didn't work with my when their price was 549on the black because I was willing to wait and there were dealerswhere I could have gotten it for closer to 500.At the time I wrote them and they were willing to drop it it to 525, but I told them no thanks. They did tip me off to keep watching the website for price drops. I had just about given up and then they reduced it.Go for what you like. My old SLRswere black and silver.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote