Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 27, 2006, 4:42 PM   #1

OK, I know I shouldn't expect much of any camera phone, but I figure some may be better than others. It would be nice to have a phone that takes a picture that would look OK printed 4x6 for a photo album. I'm figuring the VGA phones wouldn't quite meet this standard but that 1+ megapixel would.

So I'm looking at Samsung SGH-ZX10 vs Sony W600i vs LG CU320, since those are all 1+ megapixel, and all would cost about a hundred dollars after rebates etc.

Appreciate comments on camera quality in the phones I've mentioned. Also ease of use and anything else you think I ought to know. Maybe there's a Cingular phone that I ought to be considering that I haven't?

Thanks much,

Nick

njesbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:11 PM   #2

I have the Sony w600i and love it. The pictures from it were startling to me since I was used to the VGA photos taken by most other phone cameras. The photos from this one are good enough to print. Besides that, I like that it has a Walkman built in, although it could use external cards for more music storage. Don't have any info on the other phones.
scukr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 12:15 PM   #3

Thanks. Appreciate feedback.

On MP3 Player function of W600, do you know if it'll resume playing a track in the middle? I like to listen to audiobooks, some of which have 20-minute long files and it'd be nice to have the MP3 player start up where it left off, instead of starting from the beginning of the file each time.

njesbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 12:18 PM   #4

Yes, you can stop it and it will hold your place there until you come back to it, even if you get totally out of the Walkman mode.
scukr is offline   Reply With Quote