Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 7, 2006, 12:08 AM   #1

First I want to thank everyone for being part of this forum and answering questions for us beginners. Is the D70 worth spending the extra money for. When I was using the D70 in the macro mode it was nice and clear but the D50 didn't look that good. It might be the camera at the store. Which camera is the best value?????

Thanks
cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2006, 4:39 AM   #2

Cams-

I have owned both the Nikon D-50 and D-70. I much prefer the D-50 because I shoot a lot of low light level photos, and the D-50 has a much better (lower) noise signature. Also, please do not judge by in store demo cameras, they get such heavy use and fiddling around with that they are truly not representative. Also you must keep in mind, as I noted in my other answer to you, that for true macro shots, a specific lens designed for macro photos is required. What you saw in the viewfinder of the demo cameras would depend entirely on the lens mounted on the camera bodies.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 2:07 PM   #3

Thanks for responing to my questions. Ithelps getting all this input before spending a lot of money and making mistakes. At a camera store, the best is what they have the most of. By reading the replies from all of you "professionals" it is easier to ask the right questions at the stores before the big investment. Thanks again.
cams is offline   Reply With Quote