Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 12, 2006, 2:20 PM   #21

dandy35 wrote:
Quote:
Let's try that again.

Here's a E-500 with a two lens kit and a 512 card for $559.95
For the record this was a Buy it Now price but it's taken me so long to struggle with this post that there have been bids. Anyone else have probelms posting links to this forum on a Mac with Safari or Firefox?
An E500 is much less than an E330 as in your original post.
Cametta is reputable as far as price and delivery from what I hear. I have never personally bought anything from them.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2006, 4:20 PM   #22

uncool... I must be uncool too... I plan on mostly shooting in Auto with my DSLR. I chose DSLR over point and shoot this time... for the rapid speed on shooting action pictures... and the zoom with these is so much faster and sharp. In my old Point and Shoot if i zoomed into things my pictures quality degraded somewhat... not with my D50. What ever you go with make sure that you can view customer reviews on the site you purchase from. JUST in case there's a problem ... and needs worked on. You wont be disappointed in DSLR .. Maybe one day I'll get brave ... im new to DSLR too but for now I enjoy Auto mode... best wishes!! let us know what you chose.
learning_mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2006, 9:15 PM   #23

learning_mode wrote:
Quote:
uncool... I must be uncool too... I plan on mostly shooting in Auto with my DSLR. I chose DSLR over point and shoot this time... for the rapid speed on shooting action pictures... and the zoom with these is so much faster and sharp. In my old Point and Shoot if i zoomed into things my pictures quality degraded somewhat... not with my D50. What ever you go with make sure that you can view customer reviews on the site you purchase from. JUST in case there's a problem ... and needs worked on. You wont be disappointed in DSLR .. Maybe one day I'll get brave ... im new to DSLR too but for now I enjoy Auto mode... best wishes!! let us know what you chose.
C'mon.... you know you want to take out of auto mode. Just experiment little by little in either aperture or shutter priority mode to get a feel for what each setting does. Take several shots under similar conditions but change the settings and study how it affects the images. That's the beauty of digital.... you can snap away and the bad shots don't costyou anything. Experiment with the ISO settings also.I forget whether or not the D50 has a depth of field preview. If it does check out how the F stop settings affect the depth of field. If not, just take different shotsat different settings and examine how theycome out.

It does help to get abasic book and study the fundamentalsof photography so you get a clearer understanding of what is going on.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 5:37 PM   #24

hey meanie LOL... I think something is wrong with me... LOL I don't trust myself and my "tastes" to do the manual thingy ... or too lazy... no thats not it.. things just dont retain too fast in me so it may take me a few years to "get the manual concept" down ...but I will take your advice and pick me up a book and read it .... then will see lol

So what book would you suggest if you were broke and could only buy ONE Book for Dummies?

:blah:
learning_mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 2:21 AM   #25

I was just going to recommend the E-500 excellent camera, Very well recieved by the photography community. This camera also has a great price. Im glad to see so many olympus fans on the forums.
OlympusTSrep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 12:56 PM   #26

uncool wrote:

Nice input
canon7000 is offline   Reply With Quote