Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 21, 2006, 1:24 PM   #1

I am going to get a new dslr, my first. I currently have an old Rebel G with a 380EX Speedlite, Canon Zoom Lens EF 28-105mm 1:3.5-45 Ultrasonic, and a rs60-e3 remote release. It's a toss up between the Nikon D50 and the Rebel XT. Can I reuse any of my Rebel G stuff or is it not worth it? I have read so much about both camera I think my brain has froze, sometime I research stuff to much!
-Moat
Moat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2006, 8:11 PM   #2

Moat wrote:
Quote:
I am going to get a new dslr, my first. I currently have an old Rebel G with a 380EX Speedlite, Canon Zoom Lens EF 28-105mm 1:3.5-45 Ultrasonic, and a rs60-e3 remote release. It's a toss up between the Nikon D50 and the Rebel XT. Can I reuse any of my Rebel G stuff or is it not worth it? I have read so much about both camera I think my brain has froze, sometime I research stuff to much!
-Moat
Moat,

I know what you mean about research. We all do it I think. Like you, I still own a film rebel II, but with a different lens, the EF 35-80. I also own a canon AE-1 and alarger group of lenses in the FD mount, which is obsolete now for digital camera purposes.As you can probbly guess, I am a canon fan from the early 70's when I also owned an ftb and a pellix. I thought my decision to go digital would be a slam-dunk until I compared the 350d and the d-50 nikon. The nikon felt better and I went with the d-50, never looking back. I'm six-one and have large hands so the rebel felt small. But as far as a lens investment goes, I didn't think the 35-80 would be a deciding factor, so I didn't consider it. As far as the flash goes, I'm not real sure whether it would work properly or not. Maybe someone in the canon dslr forum can answer that one, as well as your other question on the remote release. Good luck on your choice.BTW, both cameras are outstanding so whichever way you go, I'm sure you will be happy.

Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote