Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 25, 2006, 11:49 AM   #1

I'm ready to replace my old Sony Cybershot, and I'm looking for another digital camera that has the swivel-rotating viewfinder. So far I've found a Canon Powershot A80, but would like to explore other options before I commit to purchase it. The A80 seems to be several years old already...please tell me, are there are any newer cameras available that have the moveable viewfinder? Brand is not important, though I would like a larger view than the 1 1/8" screenthe A80 offers.

Many thanks,

Mickie

Mickie143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2006, 5:04 PM   #2

I have been doing some online researching while waiting for some replies here, and I ended up purchasing the Canon Powershot A620. Not much selection out there for cameras withthe variableposition viewfinders, but this particualr model seems to meet my needs, plus a whole lot more bells and whistles that I may or may not use! Thanksto Steve forhisreview, it made my decision much, much easier!

Mickie
Mickie143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2006, 6:33 PM   #3

that was quick. Just was going to mention the A610. Its 5mp were the A620 is 7.1mp. It appears to me to be the same in all other respects. In Australia I believe it is discontinued so it will likely be discontinued elsewere. so is currently very competitively priced. that is if the extra 2mpisnt so important to you. Anyway, good luck with everything
mickellay is offline   Reply With Quote