Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 31, 2006, 1:03 AM   #1

I am looking for a camera for my gf. I ended up with the Casio S500/S600. The difference in price between the two camera is about $60 more for the S600. The only difference that I see between the two is that the newier s600 has 1mp more. I know that extra MP wont make a difference in the camera itself. I read the review and everything and that is the only difference that I see.

Is there anything else that I am missing? Do you think the S600 is worth the extra $60 more? Because I really dont.

The reason why I am going with this camera is because its small and quick. I am not too concern with quality, that much because I bet most of the pictures wont be printed anyways. But just something with average quality picture is good enough. I have the Pentax DS if I want to print a nice shot.

I am also open to other slim camera. But the camera MUST BE FAST, that is one of the most important thing. When I mean fast, I mean when you turn the camera on, its ready to shoot and it do not take forever to take the next picture. I do understand that there will be a few sec lag between the shot, but the casio s500 that I tested was pretty quick. The sony that she has an older one takes around 10 sec or so between shots.

Also it must use SD card. I do not want to brother buying another type of card.

Must be slim and must be under $350 online price.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2006, 1:22 PM   #2

anyone?
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2006, 3:18 AM   #3

We have had a Casio EX-S500 for 6 months and a Casio EX-P600 for over a year. I cannot advise you on the S600, but the reviews state that it has a slightly better LCD. We have been very happy with the S500 and cannot understand the negative comments about image quality. The P600 with the bigger Canon lens is very marginally sharper with blown up pictures on the PC, but I'm sure you will be very satisfied with the lower priced S500.
1eyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote