Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 8, 2006, 6:32 PM   #1

Does anyone have a review of this camera? I've been looking around and cant find one. Please let me know. Thanks!
pinky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:50 PM   #2

Did you try a search engine? I tried "Panasonic DMC-TZ1 review" with Google, and got these 2 among the first 3 links. (And there are more ...)

http://www.megapixel.net/reviews/pan...z1/tz1-gen.php

http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...ix_dmc_tz1.php

ssiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 1:44 AM   #3

thanks for the reply so quick..i know i've asked a million questions on here, but would you recommend this or the f30? (which by the way is out of stock EVERYWHERE)
Old Jun 9, 2006, 11:50 AM   #4

or the new kodak v610...any opinions on which your preference is?
Old Jun 10, 2006, 12:22 PM   #5

You have to identity your needs and wants, then you can find out the unique features of each model and see if any are deal makers or deal breakers to you.

I am only familiar with the TZ1. It has 10x optical zoom (same with the Kodak), optical image stabilization, 848x480 widescreen video mode. It is a bit bigger size for a compact (it fits tightly in my front pant pocket) and image is a bit noisier than the best. I think it is the cheapest among the 3.

F30 is likely to have the best image quality of the 3 (famous for high ISO low light picutre quality), which may be the most important factor for some, but it doesn't seem to have many unique features. Some people just won't considerFuji's because they don't use SD cards.

The Kodak is (as a small ultrazoom digicam) a direct competitor to TZ1. It is smaller, it takes MPEG4 video which uses less space. It does not have optical image stabilization. Kodak is not particularly known for image quality, so it is not likely better than TZ1.
ssiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2006, 12:58 PM   #6

thanks so much for all your help! i ordered the f30!! i'll let u know how it is! thanks again so much