Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 13, 2006, 9:09 PM   #1

I'm stuck between these two cameras - I would lean more to the sony for its looks, but lean more to the casio for its thinness. So which is better in terms of performance/features?? I get mixed reviews online. And another thing -- I was leaning more on the Casio ex-s600 until I saw the ex-z60, which is almost identical and $100 cheaper - plus I like the brushed metal look.. So I went to Circuit City and there were no more z60's in stock, the guy said they were gone for a while, but I THOUGHT THEY BARELY CAME OUT WITH THEM?! maybe the guy didn't know what he was talking about, or maybe it's me. well, they had plenty of s600's in stock, which doesn't make sense.. I thought the s600's came out before the z60's. well, forum members PLEASE HELP!
omGARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2006, 9:25 PM   #2
Administrator

CC shows them on their web site. So, you could order one that way if the local store doesn't have them.

Price Search for Casio EX-Z60

As for the differences in quality, you'll have to decide. Check out the reviews here and make sure to read each review's conclusion section (last page before the sample images in each camera's review). That's where you'll find most differences in cameras discussed like startup time, cycle time between photos, autofocus speed/reliability, flash range, battery life, image quality indoors and outdoors, viewfinder usability (or lack thereof in the case of the Casio), etc.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 9:26 PM   #3

oh and does anyone know how often companies bring out a newer/updated version of digital camera in a series (such as the cybershot)? months? a year? it seems like you could never catch up.. i just don't want to be disappointed after buying a digicam, and a week or month later, a better version of it comes out.:angry:
Old Jun 13, 2006, 9:30 PM   #4

JimC wrote:
Quote:
CC shows them on their web site. So, you could order one that way if the local store doesn't have them.

Price Search for Casio EX-Z60

As for the differences in quality, you'll have to decide. Check out the reviews here and make sure to read each review's conclusion section (last page before the sample images in each camera's review). That's where you'll find most differences in cameras discussed like startup time, cycle time between photos, autofocus speed/reliability, flash range, battery life, image quality indoors and outdoors, viewfinder usability (or lack thereof in the case of the Casio), etc.
i have read the reviews - i first looked at Steve's Best Digicams page, and I checked/read all the best compact ones, from beginning to end. Very descriptive, yet I'm still unsure which camera I should buy.. So I'm just asking forum members for opinions. Thanks though!
Old Jun 13, 2006, 9:35 PM   #5

does anyone know if the ex-z60 has Chinese language?

... YES, after a little research.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 10:26 PM   #6

oh, FYI -- i'm not looking for professional quality.. this is only for casual phototaking (friends/family/occasions). but i bet both digicams i listed are for that purpose.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 11:22 PM   #7

okay.. seems like the dsc-w50 has won my attention, due to the better picture quality, oustanding battery life, overall good reviews...
but i do agree with one reviewer on circuitcity.com that it feels like a toy, and does not feel like what it's worth. and also NO date/time stamp option. wouldn't have crossed my mind if i hadn't read it. i don't know about the ex-z60..
but other then that.. yeah, i guess!
INPUT anybody?? this is starting to feel more like a blog!