Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 14, 2006, 6:47 PM   #1

I hope this saves some poor soul from wasting a lot of money on a NIKON "coolpix L1".*I HAD THE "CAMERA" FOR 3 WEEKS WHEN IT SIMPLY STOPPED WORKING. I SENT IT BACK (AT MY EXPENSE) AND IT STAYED AT NIKONS REPAIR SHOP FOR ABOUT 10 DAYS AND WAS RETURNED REPAIRED. I HAVE KEPT EXTREAMLY GOOD CARE OF THIS CAMERA AND HAVE BEEN REWARDED WITH MORE PROBLEMS NOW. NOW, THE SCREEN WILL NOT TURN OFF MAKING IT USE AA BATTERIES AT A REDICULOUS RATE. I AM CURRENTLY INVOLVED IN EMPLOYMENT THAT REQUIRES THE USE OF THIS PIECE OF CRAP AND DO NOT HAVE TIME TO SEND IT BACK TO THE REPAIR SHOP (AT MY EXPENSE) AGAIN FOR THE SECOND TIME IN 6 MONTHS. I LET NIKON KNOW OF MY OPINION OF THEIR CAMERA. IF POSSIBLE I PLAN ON DOING THIS SORT OF CONSUMER WARNING ON A REGULAR BASIS.
barnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2006, 12:53 AM   #2

I am sorry that your camera did not work well, but just because you had ONE bad experiance with a camera dont make it a bad camera overall. Nikon make great camera and the quality control are pretty good. If not, then Nikon would not be one of the top selling camera.

You also have to remember that they make hundreds of camera each day, and a few of them are bound to be bad. This is true with ALL electronics, not just camera.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 2:50 AM   #3

^agree
btw "AA batteries"=
omGARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 7:45 AM   #4

All of my expediences Nikon cameras have been terrible. I have also heardthey have problems with their LCD screen. And get this, Consumer Reports put them almost at the bottom of their"brand reliability"list.:shock:
Dirt Rider is offline   Reply With Quote