Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:32 PM   #1

about 2 months ago i was in a dilemma of what camera to buy, ijust about got the d50 from nikon,then i wanted toget a compact camera first instead. after someresearch i got the canon sd630. wow i cannot belive the great results im getting, the colorrendered is perfect. the only complaint is a little weak flash. the speed w/o the flash is also great due to the digic II sensor. night shots with a $5 tripod are phenomenal. to solve the flash issue im getting the slave flash canon has for about $100.

now i do have sample photos taken with this camera but photobucket is closed for maintenance so they cannot be uploaded today.

im sure the proffesionals will find flaws but to everyday people andphoto enthusiasts they are sufficient.
kajtek123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:38 PM   #2

I have the Canon A70 and was going to upgrade to the A700 or A620 or one of the small Canons if I wanted real portable.

Then I jumped on the best deal I could find on a Pentax DSLR. Great camera, little bit of a learning curve but photos from that camera need tweeking to get just right. Once tweeked though they are fantastic.

The Canon point and shoot? Fantastic right out of the gate. Sure they could be tweeked to be even better but results are very good. Little bit of out of focus and softening on the edges though.

But...I wanted to shoot stuff I could tweek later with very high quality and control of dof better low light performcance and action shots hence the DSLR.

But for everyday stuff? You really can't go wrong with a Canon point and shoot.

Enjoy.
corvairfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 2:56 AM   #3

kajtek123 wrote:
Quote:

about 2 months ago i was in a dilemma of what camera to buy, ijust about got the d50 from nikon,then i wanted toget a compact camera first instead. after someresearch i got the canon sd630. wow i cannot belive the great results im getting, the colorrendered is perfect. the only complaint is a little weak flash. the speed w/o the flash is also great due to the digic II sensor. night shots with a $5 tripod are phenomenal. to solve the flash issue im getting the slave flash canon has for about $100.

now i do have sample photos taken with this camera but photobucket is closed for maintenance so they cannot be uploaded today.

im sure the proffesionals will find flaws but to everyday people andphoto enthusiasts they are sufficient.
Depends on the conditions under which you shoot, and what kind of versatility you want. But if the canon fulfills all your needs, then yes :"donĀ“t buy a (D)slr".
monx is offline   Reply With Quote