Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 24, 2006, 8:27 PM   #1

I've been trying to compare the 3 Casio digital compact cameras, the Z750, Z850 and the newest addition the Z1000. I've heard good and bad things about all these cameras. My concerns about them varies from delicate LCD screens to decreasing video recording quality as the megapixels increase. Iso noise is a subjective issue to an amateur like myself. Although the Z750 seems to have the best video quality, the Z850 and Z1000 models seem to have improved other areas quite a bit. If anyone has 1st hand experience with all of these cameras, I'd really appreciate a candid opinion of these Casio models.
jimbo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 10, 2006, 5:21 PM   #2

I'm also driving myself crazy trying to decide between these models. I compared sample photos of the Casios 600, 750, 850, and 1000 and decided the 750 & 1000 were pretty darn close. I thought the 850 focus was too soft and the 600 just wasn't even close.

On forums people complain about too much noise in the Z1000, but it still looks better than the 750 to me. But then I second-guess myself and wonder what the difference would look like if *I* was taking the photos vs studio photographers. . . And maybe there isn't a soft-focus problem with the 850 and I just haven't seen enough examples and could I live with a low-res LCD in the 750. . .

I should probably stop researching and just pick one, since they all are an improvement over my current Z3 which is currently in its death-throes. The differences in video recording are unimportant to me.

So now I post my query as the last step before I give up and flip a coin.
MrsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 6:01 PM   #3

Mrs T!
I thank you for your response! :-) Since I wrote my plea for help I went through the very same process that you did and finally decided to bite the bullet and go with the Z1000! There are many issues with each camera but I suspect much of the opinions are based on personal taste and that is ALWAYS subjective. As a result, I just chose to take the plunge and go for the latest model, hoping that the problems previously noted have been addressed. Although there's no "live" viewfinder in this model I think that I should be able to see pretty much everything in the screen. Other issues mentioned.....well we'll see now. It should arrive this week from "Techtoys" and we'll see what happens. The price seemed fair. Along with an additional 1Gig memory card I still came in $25. under the list price. They seem to be reputable merchants, but as always, let's see what's in the box when it arrives. I'll let you know how I make out!

Regards, Jim
Old Jul 10, 2006, 6:11 PM   #4

That's awesome Jimbo, congrats on your new purchase! I have a similar dilema and would like to know your thoughts. I was looking at the Z600, S600, Z60, and Z750 and can't decide. The pic's steve took under his reviews do show that the 750 looks the best quality wise... am I wasting my time if I go with the Z600 or S600? Any thoughts would be appreciated!!
Chad8737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 7:05 PM   #5

Chad8737
I hope to receive the Z1000 before week's end. I'll try it out and after a week or so I'll come back with my findings. I hope they are good! For all our sakes!! Wish me luck!!

Jim :|