Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jun 26, 2006, 10:28 PM   #1

I am not sure how they rate a camera but I am confused. Many websites highly rates Canon cameras (I mean All Canon Models). As for kodak even though their performance are better, they are still not rated as good. When you come to image quality they will say canon is always the best. I am planning to buy a Kodak C533 or C643 and comparing with Canon A530 and A540. As well as Nikon Coolpix L3. Most websites highly recommend Canon. Kodak review is the worst. So how reliable are their reviews? Are all Canon camera that good. Are Kodak or others camera totally cannot compete with Canon Digital Cameras? Please advice.
anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:18 PM   #2

I would say you should try them in a store. See what fits your needs, what are you planning to shoot how does it feel in hand, very important issue, batteries! some cameras just simply suck empty batteries after just a couple of shots. Also if you already have memory cards/reader.
Regarding quality, always read what kind of sensor it comes with (cmos, ccd, etc) they all have pros and cons. The next thing is how much noice will that camera get in your final pictures. I work with Canon cameras, and have noticed comparing with other brands, mine are a bit cleaner. (I mean vacation pictures, using my laptop as storage for everybody's esle pictures-diferent cameras)
Hope this helps,
scubafocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:30 PM   #3

From what I have found, Canon is overall better made, but Kodak gives you more for your dollar (in terms of features, zoom, etc.). I have no experiance with Nikon.

I use a Kodak P850 and have been very impressed with it so far, and I would recommend a Kodak camera to others, although as I said, if you're willing to take a hit in the features department, a Canon is slightly better quality wise.

P.S. The above is all just my opinion, I have no facts to back it up, just the impression I get.

Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:55 AM   #4

Thanks for your advice!
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:56 AM   #5

Thanks for your advice!