Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 4, 2006, 8:27 PM   #1

I just purchased my first DSLR. I purchased the Nikon D50 camera kit. The kit includes the camera body, 28-80mm lens, 70-300mm lens, Nikon camera bag, 256 SD card, battery & charger, neck straps, etc. I also purchased the Nikon SB-800 speedlight and I have ordered the Nikkor 18-200mm VR lens. My question is; should I have purchased the D70s instead?:-? I see that the D70s has some features that the D50 does not have. Though I am a novice now, I plan to advance my skills in photograhy in the future. Will I out grow the D50 too soon? Is the D70s a much better camera for the money? I also noticed that the SB-800 speedlight has some features that I can not use with the D50(i.e. wireless flash). The salesman at my local camera store told me that there is a replacement for the D70s due out this fall. Does any one know anything about this? If so, should I wait for the replacement?

Your comments/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :-)

reelnut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2006, 9:34 PM   #2
Log

what are the subjects you plan on shooting? you must fill in on what you plan on using your camera for, formost ppl to usually lend advice... as for the d50 congrats i just bought one yesterday... great camera... dont regret it

Logan
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2006, 11:27 PM   #3

Log wrote:
Quote:
what are the subjects you plan on shooting? you must fill in on what you plan on using your camera for, formost ppl to usually lend advice... as for the d50 congrats i just bought one yesterday... great camera... dont regret it

Logan
Subjects I plan to photograph are: sporting events, outdoor scenes, fishing trips, and family shots. A lot of my shots will be indoors, so I plan to use the Nikon speedlight extensively.

Thanks,

TJ

reelnut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 11:44 AM   #4

TJ-

Keep in mind that you cannot always use a strobe in every circumstance. You might also consider some bright/faster lenses for those sporting events (where the strobe will be useless at a distance) and for the times when you cannot use a strobe.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote