Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 6, 2006, 10:01 AM   #1

Hi All,
I've just spent all day looking at different sites and my head cant take in any more info, it took me ages to find the ones i wanted as the name changes with the country!!

I first wanted to find out about a Canon ixus 55. Then i found the Ixus 60 which was the same small size which is important to me, with the same large LCD (2"5) Then i found the Ixus 65 which had a bigger LCD (3") which was very tempting but it doesnt have a viewfinder which i think is quite important in bright sunshine. (i live in the south of France) ... So i suppose its a choice between the Ixus 55 or the Ixus 60are the pixels the only difference in the two? as 5 is largly enough for my use.. Does one of them have a shake option? Any idea's? There is not much difference in the price so that factor isnt important.

Thanks for any help.
scott.
scoalevir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2006, 9:15 AM   #2

hi again,

Can nobody tell me the difference between the ixus55 and the ixus 60 apart from the pixels?

I gave my old camera to one of my children and am camera less.:sad:

What i'm looking for is a VERY small digital will an LCD of 2'5 or more,a viseur,

rechargeable battery, anti shake if possible and not too much recording time between each shot.

Any idea's ?

scott.

Old Jul 7, 2006, 9:49 AM   #3
Administrator

These cameras are referred to as the SD450 (Ixus 55) and SD600 (Ixus 60) in the U.S.

You'll find reviews on them here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/sd450.html

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/sd600.html

I'd suggest reading through the review conclusion section for more information on startup time, image quality, etc. (it's the last page before the sample images in each camera's review).

The most obvious difference (other than the sensor resolution) I see between them is that the newer Ixus 60 (SD600) has a higher resolution LCD display (173,000 pixels) compared to the older Ixus 55 (SD450), which had a display resolution of 115,000 pixels..

I also see that the newer Ixus 60 (SD600) has an available ISO 800 (versus ISO 400 on the older Ixus 55/SD450).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:37 AM   #4

Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply. I bought the Ixus 60 and its super! I love it to bits!

Its really small but the LCD is big. It also has a viewfinder which i find important. It also takes really good photos even when you dont hold it too steady!