Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 9, 2006, 3:19 PM   #1

Anyone own a Minolta 7D who can give me the pros and cons of this camera? I'm debating upgrading from my Minolta Maxxum film to this but not sure if it's wise, considering Sony took over Konica Minolta. I know there are some good deals out there on this camera but want to see if it's worth making the investment or if another DSLR would be better.-Thanks!
luv2stamp65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2006, 3:31 PM   #2

luv2stamp65 wrote:
Quote:
Anyone own a Minolta 7D who can give me the pros and cons of this camera? I'm debating upgrading from my Minolta Maxxum film to this but not sure if it's wise, considering Sony took over Konica Minolta. I know there are some good deals out there on this camera but want to see if it's worth making the investment or if another DSLR would be better.-Thanks!
The best place for pros & cons is Steves Review. I just got one & I had tested one when it was released. It's got more professional features than the Alpha will & the low noise level of the 7D are already known...something yet to be seen on the new Sony.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 8:13 PM   #3

luv2stamp65 wrote:
Quote:
I can't think of any cons. The camera takes great pictures, which is why we buy these things in the first place. Despite being a little heavy like most of the higher end cameras the 7D feels great to hold compared to anything I've held. The ergonomics of the 7D are second to none and it has a lot of external controls, which make it easier to change settings without stepping through cumbursome menus. By the time you change something in a more menu driven camera, you've probably missed the shot. It has a decent viewfinder and high resolution LCD. I have no regrets on the purchase of this camera and right now it can still be had for a great price. You just can't find a camera this good at this price. Since you already have a Maxxum film camera, you can use all of your lenses though I'm not sure how many you have.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote