Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 15, 2006, 1:42 PM   #11

That is excellent, meanstreak-

You have found your solution. I know that you will enjoy the F-30.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 9:02 AM   #12

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
That is excellent, meanstreak-

You have found your solution. I know that you will enjoy the F-30.

MT
Got the F30.... Just playing around with it a little last night. I don't have a memory card yet, so I can't take any serious pictures without having to delete. Looks great so far. I knew how small this camera was, but it didn't really sink in until I got it in hand. I cannot believe the quality of the pictures in a camera this small. I find the wide end adequate, but of course a little more tele would be nice. Next I need to get a carry case for it. I think having a camera this small means I will probably carry it with me a lot of places I wouldn't have. Even my old compact 35mm film camera used to get left behind because sometimes I just didn't want the hastle of carrying it. That and the fact that if I took pictures it mean developing them or I had to go out and get filmhad me not taking pictures. With something like this, it's a now brainer, just bring the camera and take as many pictures as the memory allows.Of course I bought this mainly for my wife, but I can see myself using it a lot more. I don't know why I waited so long to buysomething like this.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:42 AM   #13

meanstreak-

As you already know, I use a Fuji F-30 for a pocket camera and companion to whatever DSLR I am carrying. The F-30 is an amazing camera and when you see what it will do in really low light you will become addicted, at least I have.

In October Fuji will introduce the S-6000 model based on the F-30's imager coupled with a 28-300mm lens.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:34 PM   #14

Hi i just bought the F30 a couple weeks ago. very very extermely happy with it. I got a good deal on it though. In thailand, all cameras are sold bundles with memory card and carrying case. i got mine with xD512 M series for about USD392.00.

The completely auto setting is great but i don't really like the camera pumping its ISO up to 3200. greats to be too noisy. Put it into M mode or A/S mode and play your way into a whole new era of P&S photography. excellent camera i must say. Just need to play a little with it to get great pictures. If you havent bought it yet, go ahead and buy it. you won't regret.

Now the s6000 is something to wait for.

a test macro shot using the F30. not bad.
Attached Images

musicarvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 7:31 PM   #15

Oh yeah, the F30 is making my mouth water. I'm looking to sell my F10 and upgrade. Does anyone of you guys know a place where I can get it cheap? I mean, I need it shipped to Europe.
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 4:34 AM   #16

I could buy your f10 if you sell me for a good price. I think one of the cheapest european online shop is www.pixmania.com
okkervil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2006, 7:58 AM   #17

zygh wrote:
Quote:
Oh yeah, the F30 is making my mouth water. I'm looking to sell my F10 and upgrade. Does anyone of you guys know a place where I can get it cheap? I mean, I need it shipped to Europe.
I'm not sure about shipping to Europe, but I got mine at Buydig.com for 312 and there was a 50 dollar rebate. The rebate expired on July 15th and I don't know if they are coming out with another one. Have you checked any of the online dealers?

BTW, I'm not sure what the differnces are between the F10 and F30, but curious as to why you want to upgrade.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote