Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 21, 2006, 2:59 AM   #11

PersonallyI findit isvery difficultto track a moving subject with a screen or a small evf (I have the FZ30 which apparentlyhasone of the bestEVFs) especially when shooting a series of shots.Of coursethe other advantages of an optical viewfinder are the same for an evf viz. Better performance in bright light, improved handlingand being able to hold the camera steadier.

Yestheyare not as accurate for framing;I use the (albeit small)optical viewfinder on the Z750 for about 50% of shots it's about 85% accurate which is a good as most rangefinders used to be. I use the EVF on the Panny for most shots it handles so much better that way.An optical viewfinder does zoom with optical zoom, it doesn't with digital but I wouldn't use that anyway.
VinnyP! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:56 PM   #12

the Panasonic DMC-LX2 looks VERY tempting. i currently have an olympus c-8080 which takes great pictures but im quickly realizing i want something smaller and better high iso settings. i may be selling the 8080 for the new panasonic.
turkish a. punkass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 4:16 PM   #13

Hooray here it is Canon PowerShot SD800 IS http://www.dpreview.com/news/0609/06...on_sd800is.asp
Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:51 PM   #14

An opinion the fx 01 only good at 100 iso , so noisy weak flash as well , f30 better all round but my f f11 so good wont go to f 30 , just my opinion trying these cameras returned f 30 and fx 01. f 11 for me .
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 3:34 PM   #15

VinnyP! wrote:
Quote:
Hooray here it is Canon PowerShot SD800 IS http://www.dpreview.com/news/0609/06...on_sd800is.asp
Unbelieveable arrggghh looked everywhere for it, finally found it .. lovely camera butthe manual is not a manual at all just manual ISO WB and exp comp Doesn't anyone make a pocketcompact for photographers?? (not that I am one but I can dream)I'd pay so much more for one if they did I can't be the only one ..
Old Jan 13, 2007, 5:50 PM   #16

Bought the 800is and really tried to like it. I know the Canons aree supposed to be awesome performers but this must be the exception.I even tried 2 because the picture quality isdissapointing