Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 16, 2006, 5:03 PM   #1

Hello,

I'm not very skilled with photography. I'm a wildlife rehabilitator and I would like to take pictures of birds that I rehabilitate. This means macros of tiny nestlings, hummingbirds, songbirds. Also, I would like to take shots outside in my aviary. But mostly what I would like is to be able to get indoor close up pictures that aren't blurry! Any suggestions as to a good camera for this purpose?

Thanks!

belladove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2006, 6:07 PM   #2

belladove-

You neither indicated a budget nor whether you required a longer zoom for your outdoor aviary shots. It seems like a bit more zoom would be helpful in the aviary area.

Here is a sample close-up shot taken with the Panasonic TZ-1 camera. This is a camera that can ably do excellent close-ups without flash (ISO settings up to 800) as well as great outdoor shots in the aviary while providing 10X optical zoom. The TZ-1 sells for about $300 on the internet. A sample close-up photo from the TZ-1 is attached.

Another alternative camera that could offer just about the same capabilities of excellent close-ups without flash (ISO settings up to 1600) and good outdoor shots with up to 10X optical zoom while providing 10X optical zoom is the Fuji S-5200 which sells for about $240 on the internet.

MT
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2006, 7:09 PM   #3

belladove-

Here is the very same photo, taken this time with the Fuji S-5200 camera, my alternate camera selection.

MT
Attached Images

Old Jul 16, 2006, 7:38 PM   #4

It is a quiet Sunday afternoon, so I also took a zoom photo outdoors using the Fuji S-5200 and my outdoor "aviary" and a friendly seagull who I regularly feed, named Simon.

MT
Attached Images