Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 18, 2006, 5:34 PM   #1

it's my daughters birthday next month and she really likes take pictures, but i dont want to buy her a cheap plastic kids camera because they not worth it.

What do you recomend me for her, I will like something 2 mp or more.

thanks
Marimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:01 PM   #2

What price range are you looking for?

I, too, am considering a camera for my daughters that are ages 7 and 10. I made the mistake of buying the "cheap, plastic kids camera" yesterday (actually bought 2).

The cameras are totally worthless but the girls are enjoying the small software program that came with them. The only good thing about this camera is that I won't care if they break it.
techaide2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 12:46 AM   #3

well, as already asked, whats your price range?

Theres lots and lots of very good low end camera nowadays, from kodak/canon/nikon/olympus/etc. so it all boils down to your budget, and ofcourse, the cameras that falls under that category.

Once you have a budget, check sites that have side-by-side camera comparison of this price range, or stop by BestBuy or Circuit City and check out what they have. I mentioned Best Buy or Circuit City because they have more selctions of cameras, than other places Ive been to. I was just at both places today and spent more than an hour looking at cameras. Bought an accessory for one of my camera, and almost bought me a 3rd camera ($5bills) myself. Very tempting, but a close call.

Also, I would recommend an extended replacement warranty, with accidental damage if available, since you can expect that something unexpected might happen to your daughters camera.

PS: are you looking for film or digital?
vclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 7:26 AM   #4

as a second carry everywhere point and shoot, i picked up a refurbished sony 4mp camera on www.sonystyle.com for $119.99 - you can also find a refurbished memory card there as well, though they took forever to send it out to me! it was the dsc-s40; they also have the dsc-s60 now for the same price - alittle larger, but larger viewfinder and a few other upgrades might make it the right one. they're both here:

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...p;Dept=cameras

I don't have any kids, but i know no matter how good they are I wouldn't trust them with anything more expensive than that!
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 9:46 AM   #5

However, cameras such as the Kodak Z760 and the Canon A-410 and A-430 can be purchased brand new with a one year guarantee for less than the prices of those Sony refurbished cameras. Just a thought.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 4:31 PM   #6

I was looking at the 4 mp Kodak C310. Found it at www.buydig.com for $83.99 -- but my daughters decided they would rather have the plastic kid's cameras and each have their own than one camera to share. The kid's cameras are horrible and a huge waste of money - but they're happy. I'm still considering the Kodak for my husband......
techaide2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 6:51 PM   #7

Karen-

The Kodak C-330 is a little better than the C-310. A lot of folks are very happy indeed with the C--330 and it is $89.00.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2006, 9:00 PM   #8

Thanks a lot for the help !

I was thinking to spend about 100 no more ! I was looking at the kodak easy share it looks good for her.

and the fuji to so i think i will get her the kodak it looks very easy.

thans again
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:08 PM   #9

how about buying the cheapest one out there?? thats not plastic of course.
musicarvind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:46 AM   #10

Hi mtclimber

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I will like to know wich one of these two camera is best for my daughther.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Kodakc330 or fuji A340?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I see you undestand about cameras.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"thanks