Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

View Poll Results: Second hand 10D / 20D or new 350D?
Second hand 10D 0 0%
Second hand 20D 4 57.14%
New 350D 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:45 PM   #11

Good Points, Bobby Z-

I agree there a lots of folks who like the Canon XT and it is a capable camera. So when the selection comes down to just the Canon XT and 20D, as the poll results show, thenmy choice would still be the 20D.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2006, 3:41 PM   #12

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Good Points, Bobby Z-

I agree there a lots of folks who like the Canon XT and it is a capable camera. So when the selection comes down to just the Canon XT and 20D, as the poll results show, thenmy choice would still be the 20D.

MT
I agree, between the XT and 20D, I will take 20D any time of the day.
bobbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2006, 8:11 PM   #13

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
squirl-

I don't disagree with your lens premise, but we also have to provide an economical pathway for those P&Sers who are moving to the DSLR camera. Step One: Get a consumer level DSLR camera and lens to begin with, and then find your niche. Step Two is simple: Perhaps you want to specialize in birdphotos and nature in general, well that is the time to select your specialized high quality lens.

To me it is a two step process. Step One allows easy, economical access to the DSLR area. Step Two allows for specialization, which is really where the high quality lenses are needed.

MT

no argument from me, MT... i merely wanted to point out that if you want the best possible results, you should spend the money on glass, not the body. which is not to say that you can't get good results from consumer lenses - you most certainly can, if you use them where they're strongest. and frankly, many - if not most - casual hobby photographers will be perfectly content with images from even a kit lens. it's only for the most critical that the difference is apparent, or necessary...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote