Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:11 AM   #11

I am leaning toward the Canon XT rebel over the Nikon D50 mostly due to the fact that I have several good Canon lenses I've used with my SLR Canon EOS. Is it true that those lenses will work on the XT and, in your opinion, would that be reason enough to select the XT over the D50? Thanks.
Gego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:50 AM   #12

The best place to ask that question is probably over in the Canon SLR/DSLR folder.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:42 AM   #13

So I ended up buying the Canon Digital Rebel XT and the Tamron 18-200mm lens. I played around with it this weekend, taking mainly indoor shots on the automatic setting. The pictures were not as sharp as I had hoped, requiring adjustments to the sharpness with the "Digital Photo Professional" or "ZoomBrowser" software that came with the camera. Maybe I am doing something wrong with the exposures? Is this normal and does anyone have any suggestions for how to get the original exposure, particularly for indoor shots,to be sharper so I don't have to doctor up the files once they are uploaded to my computer?
DLB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:29 PM   #14

DlB-

Please post some photo samples, as they came from the camera,from your new camera, and we see if we can help you.

MT
Old Jul 31, 2006, 5:36 PM   #15

Sarah...can you please post up some of your photos from the z120...i know this must be annoying that i keep asking you but i just want to see what a photographer of your standards can do witht the z120

greatly appreciated,

Max
aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:14 PM   #16

Max -

This has been a very busy day for me. And tomorrow will be the very same. The weekends are much easier. Please,I have to do the things at home that have high priority first, then, and only then,I can get to Forum items.

It may be a few days, Max. I hope that you will understand.

MT/Sarah
Old Jul 31, 2006, 7:43 PM   #17

oh it's ok i understand :-) no problem...thnx by the way for replying
aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:56 AM   #18

Just to close the loop on this discussion, I debuted my new Canon Digital Rebel XT and Tamron lens on my 2-week trip to Utah and the Pacific Northwest at the beginning of August. I am happy to report that I am confident I made a good decision with this camera. I used the automatic settings exclusively and am still figuring out why some shots come out great and others slightly fuzzy, but I'm now convinced it's an issue with the operator, not the camera.:-) I am looking forward to learning about and using the manual settings as I become more comfortable with the camera over time. I am finding battery life to be excellent and the software provided in the kit makes uploading the pictures to my computer a breeze. I am also really glad I decided not to buy the kit lens and instead invested my money in a (more expensive but worth it) lens that gives me greater flexibilityfor telephoto shots.

Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to provide me with advice!

And here is a picture I particularly like that I took from the summit of Sunset Peak in the Wasatch mountains of Utah.

DLB13 is offline   Reply With Quote