Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jul 30, 2006, 8:36 PM   #31

now thats impressive...great quality
aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 9:03 PM   #32

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the comments. After reading the info, I guess I have to decide when and what I will use the camera for. For me personally i do not know how much I will use it indoors. I still have my film camera that I wont give up. My wife will like the small camera though for indoor use. I personally would like to use it outdoors.I am going to the Grand Canyon and other parks in Utah next week. I also like the idea of bringing it with me on my motorcycle as I go to a lot of scenic spots and also see things along the way. As I mentioned on my first post, someone I travelled with last week was shooting pics as we rode (slowly). If outdoor pics will get most of the workout, does this move more in the direction of the SD-700? Can I really go wrong with either camera?

Thanks- Ken
ken6217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 8:21 AM   #33

I plan on buying today. If the camera will be used predominantly outdoors, Do you think the Fuji is still the camera to get or the Sd700?

Thanks,

Ken
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:26 AM   #34

yeah, I would probably go for the Canon SD700 if I were in your shoes.
flippedgazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:52 AM   #35

Hi Chris,

Gee,I was just about to set my mind on the Fuji. In taking pictures with either in plain daylight, will I really see a difference in viewing pictures from either?

Ken

Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:01 AM   #36

Congratulations, Chris!

I think that you made an excellent camera choice for Ken. For his purposes, the Canon SD-700 IS was the better choice.

I will get those photos done this afternoon for you, as I have a pretty full morning.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:44 AM   #37

Hi Sarah,

I think your just trying to get rid of me. LOL.

Ken

Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:03 AM   #38

Ken-

I really feel somewhat upset at your remark. Both Chris and I have been with you every step of the way, attempting to help in every way we perceived we might help. However, in the final analysis, this is REALLY your decision. From the whole string of posts, I, personally have made the pretty much come to the possible conclusion, that you are would most likely bebetter off with an IS equipped upper level P&S camera. That was the basis for my post to Chris.

If, on the other hand you need more help or we can supply more data, I, for one am very happy to supply that as long as it is moving your toward your desired decision. But frankly, I think it is crass, and a bit rude to make the statement that I just want to get rid of you.

You, Ken, owe me an apology! To my way of thinking that is just a cheap shot, which does not jive at all with the personal time both Chris and I have spent in this thread with you.

If you honestly and sincerely feel that way, I am sorry, Ken but you are wrong.

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:40 AM   #39

Sarah,

You are WAY to sensitive. That's why I put the LOL in the reply. I was also kidding around after you took me to task about not putting a name on my replies yesterday. The reason, why I had not put a name on the replies was because I had gotten replies from multiple people and I didn't want to exclude someone when I replied. If you noticed you will see that I had said thanks for the comments.

I appreciate your comments, Chris's and the others. If I ever get off the fence and pick a camera, i will learn how to use all of it's features and then give back to the forum as all of you have done. I have done this with the car and motorcycle forums that I belong to and contribute regularly.

Ken
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:06 PM   #40

Best Camera I have seen so far is the Panasonic FX-01S. Why? That sweet 28mm wide angle and compact size. I have a Canon S60 which takes great pics but is bulky. Recently I tried out the Nikon L3 which is not fantastic anyway, but the first thought that came to to mind is 'How do people survive with 38mm wide?!'. It was impossible to get some of the views into the whole picture and by the end of the trip I was cursing that I did not have my precious 28mm wide.

The panasonic is digital nirvana and as soon as I get some money I'll dump my canon for the fx-01S. The panasonic does not have AP, SP or m modes, however I hardly every use those because I usually can get what I need out of one of the picture modes.

And did I mention optical stabilization for that crystal Leica lens?
impreza276 is offline   Reply With Quote