Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 3, 2006, 5:07 AM   #1

I have very limited experience with photography (other than a failed attempt to get into it a few years back). I'm looking for something suitable for plenty of pointing and clicking, but also, I am interested in getting into it as a hobby too, so something that will take me into the lower levels of actual 'photography' would be cool also.
Removable storage is a must, a rechargable battery would be brilliant but not essential, and preferably small enough to take out on the town on occassion!

My knowledgeless browsing turned up this; Fuji FinePix E900, which I think looks good for what I need and is around the price I'm looking at. Can probably go up to around £250 ($450), but if there's anything less that fits the bill, I'm all ears!

Also been recommended this; Olympus Mju 700 but it looked a little... fashionable to be a cost effective choice, but then what do I know!

Thanks, Leigh
KingLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:24 AM   #2

Leigh-

Either the very highly rated Canon A-620 or the Fuji E-900 would both be excellent for your purposes. The are both excellent, and you might even save a bit with the A-620. However, camera prices may indeed be a good deal different in the UK. Give them a look. I think you will be very pleased.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 5:08 PM   #3

Thanks very much for the pointer. Just had a look at the Canon, it's marginally cheaper but they're both roughly the same price. Shall have a read of reviews and will probably order one or the other tomorrow.

Thanks very much for the tip!
Leigh
KingLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 5:15 PM   #4

just my personal opinion...both camera's are ggood (from looking at the reviews on steves) but i would go with the CANON
aspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 7:11 PM   #5

You should really also look at the Fuji F30, as well as the A530/A540.

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote