Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 7, 2006, 7:32 PM   #1

I was thinking about buying a decent camera, i am new to photography, i would mainly use the camera for scenicshoots and also pics of ou dogs and i like vibrant colors. Some options io was looking at after reading some forums were the Sony DSC-H2 or Canon S2 IS. I would like to spend about $350 ( hope i am not asking to much for to little $), i think the cameras i am looking at might be a bit old, if someone could make a better recomendation i would appreciate that. I dont want to spend 350 onan "old" camera that is outdated. Thanks Chris
bent240LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2006, 7:39 PM   #2

Another similar model in your price range is the Panasonic FZ7

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/fz7.html

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:14 PM   #3

would this be a better choice for me and what i want to do ? (scenery , dogd , etc?)
Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:43 PM   #4

bent240LV wrote:
Quote:
I was thinking about buying a decent camera, i am new to photography, i would mainly use the camera for scenicshoots and also pics of ou dogs and i like vibrant colors. Some options io was looking at after reading some forums were the Sony DSC-H2 or Canon S2 IS. I would like to spend about $350 ( hope i am not asking to much for to little $), i think the cameras i am looking at might be a bit old, if someone could make a better recomendation i would appreciate that. I dont want to spend 350 onan "old" camera that is outdated. Thanks Chris

Too old ? The H2 has been out what,3-4 months ?

Either camera would be a great choice, also as posted above the FZ7 is nice also.

The H2 does better in low light compared to the others , has a pointless slow burst mode, the S2 has the funky (but tiny) swivel screen, takes excellent movies in stereo and has a burst mode similar to the Pany.

The FZ7 is smaller and lighter and has excellent reviews, but its main drawback is it takesa proprietarylithium-ionbattery,while the others use universally available AAs.

Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:19 PM   #5

i think i might go with the cannon s2 or panasonic FZ7 , i thin the sony uses a sony memory stick and they do cost more than just a sd card. Also, the panasonic does come with a rechargable battery so that does not seem like it will be to big of a pain.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 5:19 AM   #6

i think i have decided on the dmc FZ7, @ $319.00 seems like you cant beat it. I am alwyas worried that as soon as i buy something a month later they will produce a better model for the same price. I guess that is just technology though, that was why i asked if these cameras might have been "old" already. Thanks