Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 13, 2006, 8:49 PM   #1

ok I hope some one could help me out.
Yes I'm a newb with profesional camera's alway's had the point and shoot compact, just baught a olympus fe-140 6 meg
and I wasnt really happy with it. I like to take pictures of cloose ups and wildlife. I want a digital camera I can put other lens's on ,,, like buy a lens at a local pawn shop and put it on my digital camera. that is most compatable with lens from like 35mm film cameras.
could anyone sugest a camera around 300 bucks?
thanks Jeff
nacho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2006, 9:04 PM   #2

Try a Pentax ist DL. BuyDig.com has them on sale for body only at about $440.00 I think now. Pentax is offering a $l00 rebate on this particular camera body only. That would put the cost in the $300.00 range. The Pentax K mount is very versatile and there are many manufacturers who make lenses for the Pentax K mount. You can find lots of lenses inexpensively on eBay, at pawn shops, etc. I found a Vivitar l35mm lens on eBay which was sold by a pawn shop and bought it for only $l5.00. To my amazement it turned out to be a really good sharp lens, light weight to carry about, and takes super pictures. You can buy older used lenses for Pentax K mount in manual or automatic types. So I hope this helps! Have fun looking.
M42 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 9:51 PM   #3

Pentax *istDL is probably the lowest priced DSLR yet has similar features to the Nikon D50, Canon 350D and Olympus E-500. Together these cameras make up the entry level for digital SLR cameras, most other models cost considerably more.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 7:30 AM   #4

would a cannon s-2 be a good choice?
I have seen them low as 267.00
nacho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:58 AM   #5

nacho32 wrote:
Quote:
would a cannon s-2 be a good choice?
I have seen them low as 267.00
The S-2 is not an SLR camera - it has a fixed lens - albeit one with up to somtheing like a 430mm zoom. But you don't buy additional lenses for it.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:26 PM   #6

Rather than look for a DSLR, I suggest you go with a fixed lens ultrazoom. Look at the Panasonic FZ series.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote