Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:04 AM   #1

Recently, i have been looking to upgrade to a better camera from my Pentax optio S4. I have decided upon gettign a Nikon DSLR. The only problem is that I can not decide upon buying a D50 or a D70s. I have sufficient funds to get either the D50 or the D70s, I just can not decide if it is worth paying the extra 300$ or do to get the D70s (with 18-70mm lens).*From asking around at camera shops, everyone has told me to go for the D70s. but they had only tried them out for a little while and not owned them. ultimately i want to know in the long-run if it is worth the extra 300$ for the D70s.
telenico is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:12 AM   #2

Code:
Recently, i have been looking to upgrade to a better camera from my Pentax optio S4. i have decided upon gettign a Nikon. The only problem is that i can't decide upon whick to get. i have sufficient funds to get either the D50 or the D70s but i can not decide if it is worth paying the extra 300$ or do to get the D70s (with 18-70mm lens).From asking around at camera stores about the two, everyone has told me to go for the D70s, but they had only tried them out not owned them. ultimately i want to know in the long-run if it is worth the extra 300$ for the D70s.Thanks,Nico
Yes, it is worth it. That 18 - 70 mm lens is a very high quality one. If you want to buy that 18 - 70 seperately, it is going to cost you more than getting it together with the D70s (As a kit).

The D50 is the cut version of the D70s specification wise. So whatever you have in the D70s is also what the D50 has, but not the other way round. No matter what, I always advice you to go for the one that offers a more complete solution for the long run. Personally for me, I can go for either one, but hey; that's me.
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:48 AM   #3

telenico wrote:
Quote:
Recently, i have been looking to upgrade to a better camera from my Pentax optio S4. I have decided upon gettign a Nikon DSLR. The only problem is that I can not decide upon buying a D50 or a D70s. I have sufficient funds to get either the D50 or the D70s, I just can not decide if it is worth paying the extra 300$ or do to get the D70s (with 18-70mm lens).?From asking around at camera shops, everyone has told me to go for the D70s. but they had only tried them out for a little while and not owned them. ultimately i want to know in the long-run if it is worth the extra 300$ for the D70s.
You would have to compare what you gain by going with the D70 and to what extent you want to get into the hobby. Either one will take good pictures.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote