Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Aug 23, 2006, 1:42 PM   #1

First off thanks to everyone that helped me narrow in on details enough on the Panasonic FX01 unit, ordered it today for my wife for her purse for her work.

She was happy I ordered it up for her and all was good (I thought), she is going to Disney in October 06 and again in April 07, and I "thought" silly me , that the FX01 was gonna be small enough that it would serve the purpose of her needs for both work (wide lens ability) AND small form factor for vacations, but she said she really would like an additional evensmaller camera for vacation if possible...ughh

So even tho we havea Canon A40 Powershot and now have ordered (mainly for work) a Panasonic FX01P (HAD toget pink LOL) she is now asking me :Pto see if there is anything else out there in the under $200 range (lower better) that is very basic yet as SMALL as possible, thin small thin small cant be thin or small enough i guess ( I thought the FX01 would be small enough but shes wanting to get a 3rd cam for vacations only). This one can be ANY color and even basic specs just small...

I understand she wants that pana for work with the wide lens but the statement of asking for a smaller thinner unit for vacations BEYOND the fx01 threw me a bit, not really mad just guess we are ordering another camera here...

Thanks for any input no real preference just small light cheap for pocket on vacation,
most pics will be outdoor disney stuff for reference.

Bill

ftlosm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:36 PM   #2

Last weekend I purchased the Pure Digital Point and Shoot Cmcorder for $130 from Target. It's about the size of an Ipod and can easily fit in your shirt or pocket. It only records 30 minutes of video then you would have to download them to your computer, but I think the outdoor quality is pretty nice. RCA also has a version that they call Small Wonder.

http://www.mysmallwonder.com

This can be purchased for $99 online at Samsclub online.
Moorqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:56 PM   #3

Was hunting around google a bit, those casio ex-s models look tiny, too tiny for me but can't get much smaller than that i say..

Any good outlets i can find a EX-S100 (its older) yet still find it new old stock for sale?

Or a EX-S2

Or a EX-S500 (again figure older yet small might be cheaper)

Might break down and do the EX-S600 and get it in blue since she got that panosonic fx01 in pink LOL

Still huntin around tho, gonna order something in the next day or so for sure and get all this camera stuff finished.

Bill

ftlosm is offline   Reply With Quote