Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 1, 2006, 9:02 PM   #1

Hi, I am buying a birthday present for a friend and she really wants a digital camera for her 18th so I figure I can get her a basic camera and printer dock because although she has a computer it is pretty stuffed so she will need stand alone printing.

I was looking at getting something like the Canon A430 which I can pick up for $195AUS and the Canon Selphy CP510 Printer which I can pick up for about $120AUS

What other options do I have without going overboard. She will just be using to take happy snaps mainly so wont need alot of features just something good and reliable. Also because I am from Australia it needs to be a camera I can readily get at that price rather then a special or something. The cheapest Australian site I have managed to find with a big range is http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au so if you could help me out it would be much appreciated because I dont know a great deal about computers.
LLmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2006, 9:14 PM   #2

LLmoose wrote:
Quote:
Hi, I am buying a birthday present for a friend and she really wants a digital camera for her 18th so I figure I can get her a basic camera and printer dock because although she has a computer it is pretty stuffed so she will need stand alone printing.

I was looking at getting something like the Canon A430 which I can pick up for $195AUS and the Canon Selphy CP510 Printer which I can pick up for about $120AUS

What other options do I have without going overboard. She will just be using to take happy snaps mainly so wont need alot of features just something good and reliable. Also because I am from Australia it needs to be a camera I can readily get at that price rather then a special or something. The cheapest Australian site I have managed to find with a big range is http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au so if you could help me out it would be much appreciated because I dont know a great deal about computers.
Maybe the Kodak Z740, or Z612??? The Kodak P850???

shooting_rubber.

shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 10:56 PM   #3

you could try looking around on ebay
www.ebay.com.au
all the "Buy it Now" are new cameras from dealers
some are located in hong kong

there is a technology that allows direct printer connection, so if she already has a printer that would save some $. Canon have that technology as do others
look for PictBridge Direct-Print compatible

Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 9:27 PM   #4

If you buy a printer with picbridge (like the Canon printer) you can hook up almost any camera directly to it as long as it has picbridge firmware inside of it. Almost all the new cameras come with it.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote