Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Wildlife Photos (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/wildlife-photos-18/)
-   -   Raptor in Flight ;) (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/wildlife-photos-18/raptor-flight-%3B-224626/)

NHL Oct 6, 2016 3:35 PM

Raptor in Flight ;)
 
http://www.pbase.com/nhl/image/164228370/original.jpg

gjtoth Oct 6, 2016 4:03 PM

Wow. Great. Shot. Exceptional!

Bynx Oct 7, 2016 7:28 AM

Yup, great shot indeed. Was this taken at the Raptor Conservancy?

NHL Oct 8, 2016 3:33 AM

Thank you guys for commenting

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynx (Post 1408537)
Yup, great shot indeed. Was this taken at the Raptor Conservancy?

Correct, their location is GPS tagged in the pictures - Highly recommended to all birders ;)

http://www.pbase.com/image/164236759/original.jpg

Bynx Oct 8, 2016 8:46 AM

Another really good one. When I shot there the problem I had was the leather straps attached to their legs. In a couple of cases it was really difficult to clone out. Great job with yours. Keep looking at your owl shot in the rain. Spectacular.

NHL Oct 8, 2016 2:34 PM

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynx (Post 1408558)
Another really good one. When I shot there the problem I had was the leather straps attached to their legs. In a couple of cases it was really difficult to clone out. Great job with yours. Keep looking at your owl shot in the rain. Spectacular.

The strap on the owl was on his left leg so it's not visible here...
Shooting in the rain wasn't fun however (and one really needs an f/2.8 here), as we were all soaking wet, but the images came out great!

http://www.pbase.com/image/164239865/original.jpg

Bynx Oct 8, 2016 5:08 PM

While shooting in the rain is unpleasant, it sure did make your shots a lot better. Gave them more interest. At least to me. Almost looks like sleet. Perfect shutter speed to capture both the bird and the rain. I should go back for another shoot since I pass there often.

NHL Oct 9, 2016 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynx (Post 1408565)
... I should go back for another shoot since I pass there often.

Don't forget the Bird Kingdom in Niagara too ;)

http://www.pbase.com/nhl/image/164242095/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/nhl/image/164242096/original.jpghttp://www.pbase.com/nhl/image/164242098/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/nhl/image/164242097/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/nhl/image/164242099/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/nhl/image/164242102/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/nhl/image/164242101/original.jpg

Bynx Oct 9, 2016 3:43 AM

Ha, I live here and never heard of the Bird Kingdom. There is also a Butterfly Conservatory in Niagara Falls on the north end of town.

NHL Oct 9, 2016 4:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynx (Post 1408565)
While shooting in the rain is unpleasant, it sure did make your shots a lot better. Gave them more interest. At least to me. Almost looks like sleet. Perfect shutter speed to capture both the bird and the rain. I should go back for another shoot since I pass there often.

Didn't regret a bit after getting both cameras soaking wet also - Check out the water beads on this one: ;)

http://www.pbase.com/nhl/image/164228368/original.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:07 AM.