Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:38 AM   #1

Default Townsend's warbler

Haven't posted much lately, as the weather and lack of transportation has kept me from getting out much. The transportation issue has been resolved, and today I managed to get some shots of a bird I've been trying to get for two years... a Townsend's warbler! Not only that, I got a pair, male and female! Yeah, I'm probably much more excited than I should be, but it's January, it's gray and gloomy, and I'm easily pleased at this point... LOL! Canon 7D2, Tamron 150-600 @ 600mm, 1/800 sec in Tv mode @ ISO 3200... The first two images are the male, the last two are the female.

Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering...
~ Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:46 PM   #2

G'day Rocky
Good to see more of your wonderful images
It seems that these fellas are quite small, so your results are all the more impressive

it seems that we both have grey, photographically unexciting weather ... but ours brings the first rains for many, many months - years for some people. Our TV yesterday showed water running in creeks for the first time in five years + farm people out dancing in the rain
Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2020, 2:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
G'day Rocky
Good to see more of your wonderful images
It seems that these fellas are quite small, so your results are all the more impressive

it seems that we both have grey, photographically unexciting weather ... but ours brings the first rains for many, many months - years for some people. Our TV yesterday showed water running in creeks for the first time in five years + farm people out dancing in the rain
Phil
Yes, they are quite small, but i was fairly close - about 20 feet - with a 600mm lens, so I was able to pull them in fairly close.

I've been hearing a lot about the horrible fires down there, and the dry weather... hopefully the rains help get those somewhat under control. I'd be happy to send some of ours your way... we've had mostly rainy, showery weather for almost a month straight here. A couple of brief sun breaks but that's about it...

Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering...
~ Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote