Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Oct 10, 2006, 2:03 PM   #1

the 2 stags at the back seemed to be judging the rutting of the younger ones and if one was getting to aggressive they come in push them off,
Attached Images

mattobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 10, 2006, 6:29 PM   #2

Wow, GREAT capture.

Jeff
jbarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:31 PM   #3

HOLY COW!!! That is one of the most AMAZING shots that I have ever seen!!!! GREAT focus, framing...EVERYTHING!!! Now, are those Red Stags?? Sorry, was in Ireland 2years ago & made my wife drive all over Killarney National Park one afternoon looking for a herd of them but to no avail:sadalthough the scenery there was spectacular!) Matt, that capture is just incredible! Looks like the old boys could also be coaching them ..."No son, you need to plant your hoof now!" "Junior, drop a little lower & then thrust up!":G:G

Matt, thank you for posting this ... hope you don't mind but I am going to have to share this with some white-tail hunters here in the states!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 1:08 AM   #4

hi

no probs with you showing the picture , yes they are red deer , i am very lucky as i live local to Bradgate park , in leicestershire UK ,

i missed a good photo as i was just watching to young ones rutting and they were really going for it , and the old boy of the heard came charging in at full speed , and you coud see them think OH S%!T and run in oppersite directions. only shot i got was a snap shot of the old man charging after one of the young ones
Attached Images

Old Oct 11, 2006, 5:20 AM   #5

Impressive! How far away were you? Very fortuneate shots, Matt! Both of them are magazine quality!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 9:23 AM   #6

thanks for the nice comments , i was using a nikon D50 with a 70-300mm f5.6 G lens so nothing special , lens was at 300mm so was about 100 to 150yards or so away from them i was behind a wall so not out in the open .

i think 9 out of 10 times its being in the right place at the right time ,and knowing the area .. :-)

i think he was trying to hide from me :Gwas a bit dark so built in flash came on thats why there is a reflection in his eye

Attached Images