Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Oct 16, 2006, 9:52 AM   #1

I am an avid outdoorsmen that enjoys photography, hunting and fishing. We mostly see "live" images on this site, but here is a different take on "wildlife photo's". I have other shots from the blind, but have yet to PP any of them... they will come soon. I try and show respect in the photographs of deceased animals/ducks, and keep the pictures as classy as possible. Here is a Green Wing Teal from 10/15/2006.

Buzzsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:54 AM   #2

Very tasteful shot ... at least in another hunter's humble opinion! Beautiful shotgun as well! Just jealous of you being able to go hunting! Last week, I was at my Dad's trying to get my bow sighted in for deer hunting & the 1st time that I've ever missed a target, the arrow went into the pasture ... went to retrieve it & tripped down a hill & tore my ACL, cartilage, & got a small fracture of the top of the tibia:angry::angry::angry::angry:so no hunting for a little while. I'm hoping (from the orthopedist's opinion) that I won't need surgery & may be able to go in a month or so! Until then, I'm stuck indoors!:sad::sad::sad:

Good luck this season!

Ron

wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:55 AM   #3

Thank you Ron, I actually have this entered in a "waterfowl hunting photo contest" so we'll see what the voters think in a few months. I'm sorry to hear about your injury, that sounds painful! Heal up so you can get back in the mix.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 2:11 PM   #4

Good Luck in the contest! With your talents, I'm sure that you're a strong contender! That one is awesome shot!
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 8:23 PM   #5
VP

Well done Mike......although some don't identify with the pursuit, this was posed in a respectful manner. Good luck in the contest, it's a very nice image.
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 8:33 PM   #6
KEM

Great shot Buzzsaw! Both the duck and picture... My first impression of this shot was that it would make a great Cabellas's front cover. My redition of your shot where I added the PS ink outline effect. What do you think?
-Kent

Attached Images

KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 9:55 PM   #7

First off, thanks Wadue, VP & KEM! I like the PS effects, it's a good choice on your part. :-)