Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:57 PM   #1

Attached Images

Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:59 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:01 AM   #3

Can someone help me with getting rid of all those lines in this one. I tried cloning them out but when I got thru the background looked terribly artificial. I know there must be a better way, possibly with layers. But I have not mastered that yet. Any help will be greatly appreciated because I really like this one.

Houston
Attached Images

Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:04 AM   #4

Attached Images

Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Can someone help me with getting rid of all those lines in this one
Can't see any lines, Houston, not sure what you mean ?? these are all great shots, you should be mighty proud of them as is !
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 9:27 AM   #6
KEM

I'm with Jake Houston, I see no distracting lines? That photo along with the rest are wonderful!!

-Kent

KEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 1:55 PM   #7

Jake and Kent. I made a mistake about the pic with the lines. When I went back toedit the pic and add the comments about the lines I edited the wrong pic. I should have been editing #2 instead of #3. All those lines in the background trees that seem to be sticking out of the bird is what I was talking about. The more I tried to get rid of them the worse the pic looked so I gave up on it and left it as is.

Jake I sent you an email a few days ago but not sure if you got it or not. I'm too far away from the server that I use when at home. I can't send or receive using my normal email program so I tried sending you one using webmail. Let me know if you got it or not.

Houston
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:26 PM   #8

Houston,
Those are really nice pics of a Red shoulded hawk. I think the branches in the background of Pic #2 trouble you more than us. The hawk is so sharp that I don't think it's a problem. It makes for a natural background. I suppose if you wanted to go to the trouble the best way would be to use a mask around the bird and then add what ever background you wanted. American flag, (inserrt your favorite beer here) lable...:G whatever. I haven't done that in a long, long time, and it was with a really old clunky program. I am sure the help in PS could giude you. Good luck if you go that route.
The pictures a top notch.
Steve
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 5:04 AM   #9

Hi Houston, I did get your mail, sorry for not replying sooner, i will get to it, things have been hectic - Houston, try a little burning to darken the lines [burn tool, maybemidtones] if the lines areirritating you, however, I would not be concerned about them, as Steve says, thehawkstands out pretty goodas is.

Many regards from SA, now entering a hot summer - We're trying to book into the Kruger Park for Christmas, we've left it a bit late, it will be great to get some bigger wildlife shots in again.:|
JakeTPegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 8:10 AM   #10

Houston, if this is the look you're looking for, let me know. BTW - great shots.

Bob
Attached Images

bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote