Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jun 21, 2003, 7:55 AM   #1

Default For Klaus!!

Well, actually the're for everyone. These are 100% crops, just resized in PS.

Mama Cardinal looks a little worn out from all the trips out gathering food for the young. I expect the little ones to be around soon.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2003, 9:15 AM   #2

Kevin,

Your photographs are beautiful! My four year old loves to look at the birds and critters. We were on an outing the other day and he told me to take a picture of a barn swallow "like the ones on the computer!" I tried but.... more experience definately needed (and probably a different camera!)
isshinryu_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:42 AM   #3

WOW Kevin, that first one! Great photo - the way that little squarrel looks at the viewer. And pinsharp at the right spot - the eyes. Can't say anything but - GREAT SHOT. IMO one of your best presented here.
The other one - well I'm not that much into birds. But that shot also shows you truely high standards!
Kevin - you're the birdman!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:43 AM   #4

BTW how much did you crop and resize the first one ? In another way: how large is the crop now!
Old Jun 21, 2003, 11:06 AM   #5

Ann, thank you so much for the compliments, they are much appreciated! Even with the high end equipment, getting as close to your subject as possible will help. That being said, try a park or somewhere that the creatures are acclimated to human presence. One of the great things about digital is that practice shots are cheap!! The downside is it makes you list after bigger & better equipment until your VISA is gasping!! :lol:

Klaus, both shots are 100%, only the resolution was changed to keep image size manageable. What you are seeing is the entire shot!. I actually had to back off on the first one as the lens will not focus closer than 16 Ft. Many thanks for the kind words

If you guys really want to see some good stuff go here

http://www.digital-images.net/

This is Ron Reznick's site, when I see his shots I want to burn mine!! Ron & I met here on Steve's just over 3 years ago and have become fast friends.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 12:20 PM   #6

Both of them are great shots! They're so sharp! My kids love looking at squirrels and birds and your shots really let us see them up close and personal.

Thanks again for your help Kevin. I'm going to get photoshop elements- Photoshop LE does not have the history brush and that really does sound a lot easier when trying to blur a background.
jazcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2003, 2:47 AM   #7

I know Ron! He's a very photo-wise man and seeking photostuff on the net will bring one to him often.
Old Jun 22, 2003, 5:29 PM   #8

At first I thought "Oh great, another squirrel shot", but this is excellent! Spot-on, my friend...

Jim
Jim Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2003, 7:02 PM   #9

Thanks Jim, looks like you're taming a wild snowmobile there