Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Wildlife Photos

Old Jan 6, 2007, 7:57 PM   #11

Every time you post more new photos they are better than the last bunch. You are no question about it getting the hang of the new camera & lens.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
FZ 30, Nikon TCE17, QuikAim Max RDS, Zeiss Digiscope/Sony W7, Pentax K10D

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 7:58 PM   #12

Nice job.

Canon S2IS & Sony VCL-DH1758 Tele Lens
jbarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 9:13 PM   #13

Great shots Donna. You're getting the hang of that new camera very quickly. Which new lens did you buy?...cheers.......Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:41 PM   #14

the 70-200L F/4 IS. I would like to get a teleconverter to go with it when I recover from the lens. donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 12:48 AM   #15

some nice shots, Donna. the first and second are a bit overexposed, but the 3rd is much better. it does look like you're getting the hang of that new camera, though! and you'll soon find that the 30D can be used at very high ISO settings (compared to anything you're used to from your FZ) with very little noise, so even if you do inadvertently leave it set for, say, ISO 800 or even higher, it won't hurt anything much.

went for the 70-200 f4L, huh? good lens! not as much "reach" as some of the others available, certainly,but it's a sharp, clear lens, and the constant f4 aperture is nice, especially at the long end.

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 7:11 AM   #16

nice shots, I have had a similar experience. I had a 100-300 lens on my camera a while back and finally came across a "splendid fairy wren" so far these guys have got the better of me. Anyway I started shooting. I was excited and he flew off. I looked at my photos and saw that I had forget to zoom in so all were shot at 100mm which was too far away for any decent crops.:roll:Still waiting to get the chance to photograph another one.....

I have a 30D as well and shoot at ISO 400 80% of the time, The camera is awesome. I have just got a new lens as well. An EF 70-200 F4 L (non IS)and I like it alot and I too want a converter.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 8:00 AM   #17

Nice captures, Donna. You are definitely continuing to improve with your new set up. Ron gave very good advice for that situation. What processing software do you use? Does it have a highlight/shadow tool? I toned back the hightlights of the first one using that tool in Photoshop Elements. Hope you don't mind.
Attached Images

bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 8:27 AM   #18

Wow Bob! You have added quite a bit of depth to the pic. I have elements 4.0. It does have shadow/highlights tool, I haven't used it much, but I will certainly give it more of a chance. Thanks, everyone for your help. If cameras were illegal , I know I would be locked up for life! Donna
D.Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:51 AM   #19

D.Ann wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Kita and Rondv, I knew I blew the second one. I was trying to think so fast...I was driving the car when I saw him and had to turn around and go back and pray he would still be there. I would have gotten more but some guy in a truck thought I was having problelms and stopped to help...donna
Donna

Great shots. You drove and saw it. Sometimes you walk for half a miles in difficult terrain and still see nothing. I can see that why you prayed. Wildlife shooting is a story of pain and pleasure. Keep posting. We love them

Daniel

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:23 AM   #20

Excellent choice of lenses Donna. With a tc on it, you can get up to 300mm without much problem, and that's a nice reach for hiking around without too much weight to carry about. A Tamron 1.4tc can be had for less than $100 I believe, unless they've gone up in price. I'm happy with the one I have and it does quite a good job as long as the light is good......Don.

D.Ann wrote:
Quote:
the 70-200L F/4 IS. I would like to get a teleconverter to go with it when I recover from the lens. donna
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote